Job description / Role
As an International Tax Senior Manager, your primary focus will be advising global companies on the various regional and international tax implications of their operations. You'll demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply your tax knowledge to client situations, developing and delivering innovative tax planning ideas with timely, responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations. You'll also thoroughly and accurately analyze information and prepare practical and creative approaches tailored to a client's tax situation, arriving at appropriate conclusions. As a senior manager, you'll take the lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans, and making informed decisions in complex areas. Your remit will also include managing the work of client service team members and staff, and participating in and contributing to the achievement of team goals. In addition, you'll also identify and sell opportunities for tax planning and other special services. As a role model for Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM), you'll ensure all client work is delivered to a high standard in accordance with Ernst & Young's Q&RM guidelines.
• Manage engagement economics and communicate significant issues, fees and estimates-to-complete to partners and clients
• Assist partners with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships
• Understand our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to serve clients better
• Build strong internal relationships within the international tax team and across other services
• Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring all levels of staff
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
• Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training international tax services professionals
• Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
• Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff
Technical skills requirements
• A bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, economics or a related field (an advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable)
• A minimum of seven years' relevant tax experience, or equivalent experience in business or industry
• CPA certification
• Broad exposure to international taxation
• Excellent managerial, organizational, project management, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
• Demonstrated business development skills
• Proficiency in Arabic skill is highly desirable
Who we are
In the current challenging environment, executives are looking to align their global tax position with their overall business strategy to maintain competitive advantage and provide value to shareholders. As one of Ernst & Young's international tax professionals, you'll help leading organizations to assess their tax strategies and exposures and will assist with international tax issues, from planning, through reporting, to maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. As part of an integrated global and multidisciplinary team of talented people, you'll gain valuable experience across industries and geographies. We'll give you access to the resources you require and help you develop the skills you need to be successful. You'll also receive support and encouragement to achieve your potential and become a leader in the tax profession.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.