Job description / Role
We are currently searching for a Senior Mechanical Site Engineer to join our Site Supervision team based in Kuwait.
The Senior Mechanical Site Engineer must demonstrate a minimum of 15 yrs experience of working as a Site Engineer on a building project in the Middle East.
SSH is currently undergoing the supervision of a major project based in Kuwait. A Senior Mechanical Site Engineer is required to supervise the work of relevant mechanical contractors to ensure quality and that constructions/installations are in accordance with drawings, specifications and local regulations. Act as a focal point to the Client and to the Head of Department.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Puts into place quality assurance procedures to ensure that procedures for review and inspection of installations are maintained throughout the project period.
- Reviews materials and equipment to ensure that they are in accordance with the specifications. Coordinate with the Head of Department/Design Staff and obtain their comments prior to actioning.
- Reviews shop drawings to ensure that they are in accordance with the design and that they are coordinated. Where applicable, receive feedback from the Site Engineer/Inspector or design office and incorporate their comments.
- Reviews method statements to ensure that the Contractor proposal is feasible and will achieve the intended purpose.
- Inspects deliveries/installed/constructed work to ensure that it is in accordance with the shop drawings and the specifications.
- Monitors Contractor's submittals to local authorities and ensure that they are carried out in a timely manner in accordance with the contract document.
- Meets with Local Authorities along with Contractor where required and attend site visits by Local Authorities in order to clarify ambiguities and queries to facilitate a smooth approval process.
- Responds to Contractor's request for information to clarify ambiguities.
- Review and approve Contractor's payment in line with estimated work completion so that he can be paid for the actual work done.
- Reviews and approve Contractor's change order request and variation so that legitimacy and extent can be confirmed. Prepare and issue job site instructions for new works and modifications to the tender contract.
- Attends regular meetings with the Construction team, and the Client to report on progress and help resolve issues where they arise.
- Ensures that issues related to local codes, such as health and safety executives and environmental impact issues are complied with.
- Witnesses testing and commissioning and performance of various plant and systems. Issue 'Handing Over' certificate for completed works.
- Where required, provides a snag list for outstanding minor work by the contractor.
- Reviews 'As Built' drawings and 'Operation and Maintenance Manuals'.
- Where required, hold meetings with Operation and Maintenance staff for feedback and outstanding issues not yet completed by the Contractor. Only applicable if construction period overlaps with building operation.
What Skills Do You Need?
- Minimum 15 years of experience in FF/PL/HVAC site supervision projects.
- Minimum 7 Years working as a Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- Experience having worked with reputable Consultant Engineering Firms needed
- Experience of having worked on Mall projects
- KSE Membership required
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- KSE Membership is and essential requirement
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.