Job description / Role
Senior Medical Equipment Specialist/ Biomedical Engineer
Digby Morris’ client is a multi disciplinary engineering company employing planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. A truly global business, and especially well established as one of the leading players in the Middle East, the company has offices in the UAE, Jordan, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain & Kuwait.
Employing in excess of 4,000 staff in the Middle East region alone, the company has a well thought-of and trusted reputation for providing professional services to a broad mix of public and private sector clients through a completely integrated in house team which includes: Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Engineers, Project & Construction Management professionals.
Key project have included a number of the Middle East's highest value and most prestigious commercial, retail, infrastructure and hotel schemes.
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Medical Equipment Specialist/Biomedical engineer to be part of the supervision onsite team responsible for supervising the propose execution of the New Maternity Hospital Project in Kuwait. This is a contract position for 3-r to 4-year assignment until construction completion. The company offers a competitive package including (residency sponsorship, living and travel allowance and medical insurance, etc. or change). This full time position requires the candidate live in Kuwait. A residential allowance will be provided.
Basic duties / Responsibilities:
• Review and advise on all hospital design refinements, construction, and regulation matters as they relate to healthcare design and operation especially as they relate to medical equipment during the construction of a new state of the art 780 beds Maternity Hospital.
• Review and understand the hospital design to ensure construction proceeds as intended and discover report and address all potential issues related to healthcare operations and equipment function.
• Evaluation of vendor suggested medical equipment for appropriateness of intended application, function and quality.
• Review and approve material/equipment selection, specifications and installation shop-drawings to ensure all proper and complete Project medical equipment are meeting the latest technology.
• Inspect site installation, testing and commissioned of all related medical equipment/machine as per approved design.
• Be responsible for onsite QA/QC checks and all appropriate utilities for all equipment are coordinated and located for proper equipment operation.
• Inspect and ensue that incoming equipment is complete, accurate, and per client contract specifications.
• Conduct ongoing construction site inspections during every phase to discover and address potential issues and escalate as appropriate.
• Compile reports such as weekly snag lists or received equipment status.
• At the end of the project, facilitate full medical equipment documentation and service hand over including full Operation and Maintenance manual library in hard and soft copy as well as full vendor recommended spare parts inventory, etc.
Total Salary KD 3400 up to 3600 all-inclusive + Ticket + Medical & Life Insurance + Mobilization Ticket + 30 Days Annual Leave
• The ideal candidate will have a BS degree in Biomedical Engineering (from a college/institution accredited by the Kuwait Society of Engineers)
• 15 years of healthcare medical equipment related construction experience.
• Knowledge of FGI, HTM, NFPA, and other relevant regulations are required.
• Familiarity with large hospital operations and wide variety of expertise including the various modalities of diagnostic imagine, robotic pharmacy, automated laboratory, CSSD, various OR’s, etc.
• The candidate should be familiar with design and installation of IT systems such as RIS/PACS and LIS and PIS, as well as low-voltage systems like nurse-call and patient monitoring systems.
• They should be familiar with medical gas requirements, PTS systems, etc.
• Working knowledge of nurse-call, patient monitoring systems, medical gas
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Medical Equipment Specialist / Bio-medical Engineer
Senior Medical Equipment / Bio Medical Engineer
Total Alliance Health Partners International - TAHPI
Medical Device - Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Al Zahrawi Medical Supplies