Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and review project schedule.
• Plan, coordinate, supervise and direct all planning and scheduling activities.
• Organize, implement and maintain scheduling management system supporting identified projects and their plans.
• Assist to set up tasks and sub tasks to ensure satisfactory realization of project contract requirements as scheduled.
• Ensure that corporate planning and schedule standards are implemented and that all project related activities comply.
• Interact with project team and project managers to understand scope of work and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
• Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
• Suggest management of risks affecting project schedules and interfaces.
• Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
• Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management, with minimum 15 years of experience in performing, monitoring and managing scheduling and/or general project controls activities.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of Primavera P6 and efficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Able to manage multiple project schedules with interfaces and preparing regular program reporting to management level.
• Knowledge of engineering, construction tools and general processes for infrastructure projects.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficiency in Arabic language is preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.