Job description / Role
What we are looking for?
We are currently searching for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Pre-Tender Quantity Surveying team in Kuwait. The Quantity Surveyor must demonstrate a minimum of 15 yrs experience working on building and infrastructure projects in the Middle East. Preference shall be given to the candidates having extensive experience in preparation of cost plans and estimates at various stages of design.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Preparation of cost plans and estimates at different stages of design for building and infrastructure projects.
• Responsible for recommending procurement methods for the projects.
• Preparation of Front-end Documents.
• Responsible for the evaluation of Tender/Bid Documents submitted by the Contractors.
• Prepares the Bills of Quantities in accordance with drawings and specifications for all disciplines.
• Preparation of Prequalification documents, evaluation strategies and evaluation reports.
• Responsible for the production of technical and commercial evaluation reports.
• Responsible for drafting contractual letters.
• Responsible for providing advice/assistance to the Client's Project Team for all pre-award activities.
• Responsible for contributing to the continuous improvement of pre-award documentation and processes.
What do I need to apply?
• Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying/Engineering
• Minimum 15 years post graduate experience with at least last 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Advanced technical writing and communication skills and fluency in the English language.
• Proficiency in Arabic language would be an added advantage.
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.