Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the Construction Supervision team for a major highway upgrade project in Kuwait.
The key objectives of the role will be to
- Collect and check quantity measurements from the field and Prepare the Quantity Survey Reports
- Prepare monthly Contractor’s interim payment certificate and preparation of final account
- Provide the required technical support, assistance and advice on all aspects of quantity surveying activities covering measurement, certification and payments
- Assist in the interpretation of the meaning or intent of the Contract Documents, and analysis of any claims which may be submitted by the contractor.
- Liaise on behalf of the Resident Engineer with the Ministry to ensure full compliance with the Ministry’s procedures on all matters relating to the administration of financial affairs of the construction contract.
- Ensure that full documentation and records are maintained in the Engineer’s office facility to properly substantiate all Interim and Final Payments to the contractor to a standard acceptable to the Ministry.
- Prepare and produce of Variation Orders
- Review claims submitted by the contractor
- Coordinate and direct the work of all quantity surveying staff in the execution of the various duties covering measurement, certification, and payment for the Contract.
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering/Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 18 years of experience.
- Strong technical expertise and experience in roads construction supervision projects.
- Experience in similar capacity in major highway upgrade projects
- Preferred to have Arabic language skills.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Project Quantity Surveyor
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar