Job description / Role
Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor / Contracts Specialist
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Responsibility for contracts administration, quantity surveying, interpretation of contractual issues, preparation of contracts, variations and amendments to contracts, both for consultant services and for construction, recommendations of contract terms and conditions, such as: payments for materials on site, interim payment applications, extensions of time, claims.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• As the Owner’s representative, coordinate with Contract Managers and Schedule managers from the Contractors and various Stakeholders.
• Assist with the preparation of enquiry documents for PQ or Tender, and with evaluation and scoring, reports and recommendations.
• Review and develop change orders and amendments to contracts.
• Attend progress review meetings, schedule and claims meetings and responsible for actions arising from the same.
• Perform cost and quantity surveying services.
• Provide guidance and leadership to Quantity Surveyor to ensure all duties, obligations and expectations are met and effective contemporary records are maintained.
• Analyze the general terms and conditions of various contracts to highlight obligations, ambiguities, conflicts and deviations in party responsibilities, liabilities, scope of requirements and the like. Provide contractual advice on the resolution to problems encountered.
• Address all high-risk contractual-related correspondence and deal with all site correspondence, keep management advised of all contractual issues.
• Monitor and review the Contract Procurement and Administration to ensure contracts are consistently and comprehensively controlled to maintain the highest project management standards.
• Liaise and coordinate with independent cost consultant to ensure that quick resolution of cost and program issues are maintained.
• Provide expert impartial advice on Contractor/Consultants claims. Identify steps for claims avoidance, the potential circumstances for claims origination and measures to avoid claims and mitigate exposure to the client. Review all project correspondence and prepare, monitor and initiate action as necessary.
• Weekly site visits for safety and management site walk throughs.
• Confer with owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as construction problems, work procedures, interface coordination with other construction packages and complaints.
• Provide general counsel on all contract interpretation, drafting and claims analysis including mitigation and dispute resolution measures.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering from a recognized University.
• Minimum 20 years post graduate experience in quantity surveying/contracts involving large projects.
• Licensed/Registered MRICS.
• Fluency in Arabic language is highly preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.