Job description / Role
Senior Quantity Surveyor/Cost Consultant
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Review and maintain knowledge of Terms and Conditions of the project/contract package for which he is responsible. Attend kick-off meetings and subsequent progress meetings with Client and other Stakeholders, and produce and distribute minutes of meetings. Survey and measure work in progress and check contractors’ interim payments applications. Value additional works, site instructions, variations and day-work applications. Identify and report potential problem areas, particularly those that are likely to give rise to claims. Conduct final measure on work executed and prepare and agree final accounts. Assist in close-out of completed claims.
• Advise on contractual matters.
• Ensure completeness and validity of contractual requirements.
• Advise on Contractor’s resource allocation.
• Audit payments to Contractors.
• Ensure prompt submittal and completeness of valuations.
• Check and record measure of work done.
• Develop budgets for the project, maintain budget changes system, monitor budget transfer process, and prepare monthly expenditure forecasts.
• Monitor variations and changes to contracts and prepare cost reports.
• Maintain estimating database for historical unit costs, coordinate the preparation and submittal of the Program Monthly Report to the Client, maintain program, project and contract progress, payment, expenditure curves, etc.
• Review, negotiate and prepare claim settlements with the Department.
• Coordinate and monitor activities of his team.
• Prepare Final Account with all supporting documentation.
• Prepare financial statements for monthly report.
• Liaise with Department in all financial and contractual matters throughout the course of all contracts.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying from a recognized University.
• Minimum 20 years post graduate experience in quantity surveying/cost management.
• Experience with international forms of Contract particularly FIDIC/CESMM3/SMM7.
• Licensed/Registered MRICS is preferred.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Primavera, and other cost applications.
• Good general understanding of Cost Management, Estimating and Change Control.
• Relevant work experience in infrastructure, roads and highway projects is a must.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.