Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Write the briefs and manage the development of content which represented on the Company's various portals and VAS applications.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for writing content briefs and liaising with the agencies who develop the content (written, audio or visual) which used in the different Company portals and VAS services.
- Collect content for the Company's various VAS services as per feedback from Sales and the Product Marketing teams.
- Ensure that relevant and related content is collected and despatched to Technology for upload into the appropriate portal or media.
- Day-to-day review of the Company's WAP portal to ensure that content is correct, relevant and current.
- Identify local infotainment trends for content development.
- Negotiate with content suppliers from start to finish (i.e. identifying new suppliers, choosing content, finalising contracts etc).
- Implement content through liaison with Product Marketing, Technology, Operations, etc teams for this purpose as required.
- Work as part of any project team formed which is dedicated to the implementation of a Wireless Service to achieve the predetermined project targets.
- Liaise with Business Intelligence to develop and analyse customer data and market intelligence.The Senior will execute many of the same activities as the Junior and Mid-level, but in addition, will typically work on more complex, larger and higher importance/impact projects.
- The Senior will also typically be expected to deliver highly optimal results as a product of broader and deeper experience.
- Contribute to the motivation of junior staff, providing day to day assistance where necessary.Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by Team Leader, Content or other superiors.
- Required years of experience based on progression ladder directly related experience.
- Experience in mobile Telecom Mobile industry, internet content application, telecom VAS, mobile money.
- Understanding of Web/WAP Portal Creation and process of updating the content on the same (content production, content deployment, operations, alliances, content release planning, applications, DCB, mobile money,)
- Understanding of telecom VAS services operations, vendor management, and Key Account Management
- Overall knowledge of mobile networks, CCBS, VAS platforms, digital services, applications DCB. Mobile money
- Experience in the Product Development process.
- Knowledge of available technical solutions in the market and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding the future and trends in mobile technology.
- Understanding the process of balancing cost versus technology.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English. Arabic language is a plus
- Knowledge of Market regulatory and customer behaviour
- Financial knowledge , revenue responsible, negotiation skill.Degree in business management, MIS, or engineering or equivalent skills are required.
- Overall knowledge of the telecommunications field and overall knowledge of Product Life Cycles
- Knowledge of IP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, SyncML, MAP, CAMEL, SMPP, XML, HTTP and other relevant protocols.
- Knowledge in MMS Services, WAP services, Video Streaming, GPRS access, Automatic Handset Provisioning (OTA), IPTV, Applications. SMS.DCB
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IN/VAS Core L2 Engineer
Manpower Middle East
Sr. Technical Specialist - IT Solutions
|Kuwait City||27 Sep|
Senior Analyst Presales
IT Project Manager
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)