Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organization on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
To support the planning and implementation of needed learning & organizational development processes and programs in collaboration with the Human Resources Department functions and other business units. Implement learning and development initiatives within the organization aiming towards leveraging learning & organizational development expertise. Responsible for assessing the organization's needs and for the design, implementation and evaluation of development activities that support LOD initiatives.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Identify Management/Leadership training needs on an on-going basis through needs assessments, and surveys with Leaders.
- Coordinate with the Talent Management Group Leader and the HR Director to determine the educational programs, services and resources that would best meet training needs
- Plan and publish a six-month Leadership training calendar covering all leaders training.
- Contribute to the preparation of and approval for the annual leadership training plan Assist in Developing, implementing, monitoring and updating employees' career development plans in coordination with major stakeholders
- Assist in defining a criteria to identify critical positions in coordination with major stakeholders
- Assist in selecting and identifying Successors of the critical positions in coordination with major stakeholders
- Review and analyze performance results for identified Successors and report back to Management
- Monitor and update succession plans for each Successor. Monitor and update the Talent identification process and assessment center
- Identify training needs for all Talents in line with agreed criteria
- Monitor talent development programs
- Manage and assure that Talents follow all approved development plans set for each. Assist in all Mobility matters and processes for development of employees
- Act as a Focal Point of Contact
- Maintains and file Assignees Records
- Generate Mobility Reports
- Monitors all In/ out bound Assignee matters (Pre/On/Post assignment Drive the T&A collection, analysis and verification.
- Contribute in Vendor selection.
- Oversee the building of the training calendar.
- Monitor budget spending, track expenses, initiate cost saving measures and provide needed reports to HR Management. Ensure full alignment of T&D processes and procedures with other HR processes.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
Bachelor's degree in business, HR or related discipline
- At least 6 years of Learning & Development related work experience
- A minimum of 1 years' experience administering a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Good understanding of computer/data systems (internal Ooredoo Telecom system knowledge is a plus), policies and procedures.
- Good command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications.
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.