Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
- Management and development of Post-paid small screen business according to the companies & segment objectives.
- Shared profit and loss responsibility and budget ownership for small screen with postpaid small screen manager.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute the Postpaid Small Screen Segment strategy along with Senior Director Postpaid according to the companies & individual segment objectives.
- Use market data, to manage new and existing Small Screen products and identify ways to enhance those products based on public perception
- Development of the small screen postpaid portfolio, offering & lifecycle management.
- Work with Senior director Post-paid and postpaid manager, and lead the Post-paid small screen products budgeting, business & Roadmap planning
- Be product owner for Postpaid Small Screen products throughout the life cycle. Conduct multi-year small screen planning to determine product life-cycle decisions, ensure consistency with overall marketing and corporate strategy
- Full P&L ownership of postpaid small screen products Initiate customer insight and market research for supporting business objectives.
- Lead requirements; build the brief for the Market Research projects
- Market Analysis: assess market and customer dynamics and incorporate into offer development and lifecycle activities Be accountable for tracking SS revenue targets and the performance of post-paid SS segment.
- Work with the performance measurement team to implement and oversee analytics and KPI's for post-paid SS segment respective initiatives Set the pricing strategy along with the Pricing team and positioning for the post-paid SS offering
- Align with pricing team for the right SS products pricing tactics and actions in order to deliver the objectives.
- Align pricing with the other segments and overall pricing strategies. Define and socialize postpaid SS core value proposition based upon customer feedback and market data.
- Align with cross-functional leadership to leverage key initiatives in other areas of the business that could enhance the overall SS value proposition.
- Develop comprehensive roadmap in the area of SS postpaid, based on company goals to become leader in digital products offering space. Lead and execute Engagement Documents (ED) for new SS product launches
- Approve Product Description Documents (PDD) for the Product Development team for technical implementation.
- Assist in technical implementation as required by the leading PD team.
- Approve RFBT and TRFS for new product launches Work with Senior Director to define postpaid SS products Business Plan Yearly Activity Roadmap.
- Responsible for SS products subscriber target, acquisition & revenue for the entire segment.
- Manage postpaid SS ARPU development through strategies and tactics built on and using segmented offering, penetration, usage, bundling, packs, pricing, etc. cooperate with Post-paid CVM director on increasing the ARPU.
- Use Customer Segmentation for the Segment as per customer value segmentation, Customer behavioral segmentation, Customer life cycle segmentation & Customer Value migration.
- Develop compelling postpaid SS Products positioning and value proposition and selling tools. This can be for acquiring new customers, as well for existing base to enhance revenue in collaboration with postpaid CVM team. Develop business plans and product positioning in the marketplace.
- Brief PD team for Building & execute Engagement Documents & Pricing team for business cases for any new postpaid SS product or promos as per the roadmap.
- In harmony with Snr Director set the scope & objective for the postpaid SS segment, schedule in financial terms of segment-related activities with the purpose to secure necessary operational involvement and resources from that particular Function.
- Accountable for revenue attainment, profitability, and success of Postpaid SS Products or group of products through development and execution of comprehensive marketing plan.
- Set quality KPIs and drive sales to achieve it.
- Define the device role in the SS product offering.
- Coordinate with all relevant departments on launching a promo/product
- Lead quality and business analysis to set targets for a new product/promo launches
- Tweak product/promotion to achieve the set target for acquisition. Develop post launch analysis and take corrective actions.
- Monitor and report segment KPI and status against targets and budget.
- Perform competitive analysis to evaluate product capabilities, pricing, promotion, distribution; analyze how these impact market share. Recommend and implement changes required to be competitive.
- Rationalize solution offerings by performing map/gap analysis against current offering and market opportunities.
- Establish requirements to effectively manage and track to a plan of record, including total sales, revenue, churn and contribution.
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external resources. Engage with different functional teams and business units (in order to drive business success and optimization.
- Attend Operations and Marketing division meetings as required.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Attend Training Programs, Courses, and Seminars, conferences, vendor meetings, User Groups and presentations to be ready with the latest business ideas.
- Other duties as reporting directed by the line manager or other top management members.
- Required 3-4 years of experience based on progression ladder relevant experience in a similar environment.
- Minimum 1 year in telecom product or segment management
- Drive & lead the cross functional projects.
- Ability to do multitasking and work under tight schedules.
- Strong knowledge of local market conditions and potential target market/customers.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Fluent verbal/written communication in English. Arabic an advantage.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.