Senior Specialist, Recruitment
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
To run in-house recruitment team and be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring delivery of recruitment and selection procedures in accordance with organization's demands and objectives.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Maintain recruitment process at all times.
- Publish vacancies and source candidate through the company's channels to select the most talented candidates.
- Maintain a database of competency-based interview questions and advise managers on the talent selection process.
- Manage the recruitment process and procedures, as well as service level agreements.
- Conduct assignment briefing with line managers to understand the division's business needs, culture and competencies.
- Conduct Competency-Based interviews to select qualified potential candidates for job.
- Work with Line Managers (LMs) and HRBPs to develop recruitment strategies.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Responsible for increasing the percentage of Kuwaiti employees to achieve ministry-set quota.
- Produce accurate reports on recruitment, cost-effectiveness and quality of delivery.
- Ensure recruitment portal is maintained and updated.
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives.
- Attend career fair as Recruitment Representative.
- Liaise with Public Relations in set-up of career fairs.
- Create contacts within industry and build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Establish and manage Ooredoo Kuwait Graduate Program.
- Responsible for implementing and developing on-boarding new employees following process and procedures.
- Create Contacts within industry and build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale and source new candidate leads.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings
- Perform reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Respond at all times to all candidates on the status of their application (such as rejected, under review, on hold, accepted etc.).
- Prepare offers and send offer packages to candidates.
- Prepare and send new employee orientation packages.
- Enter new joiner details into Oracle HRMS and make sure all information is correct and up-to-date.
- Maintain compliance with all audit requirements.
- Perform other special projects as assigned. Maintain confidentiality of HR information.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- Bachelor's degree in business, HR or related discipline
- 3 - 5 years of human resources experience is preferred.
- General knowledge of Kuwait labor law.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English and Arabic.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Familiarity with using ATS system is preferred.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Talent Acquisition Specialist
|Abu Dhabi||26 Jan|