Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Advise Ooredoo on dealings with the Regulator and other relevant bodies. Influence the development of the regulatory framework in Kuwait; ensure Ooredoo is optimally placed to operate effectively.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Understand and advise on the regulatory environment and ensure Ooredoo is able to operate with maximum effectiveness within it.
- Contributes in the MNP (Mobile Number Portability) Project and follow up on outcomes providing the necessary and regular progress reports
- (Senior) study, monitor Follow up the spectrum distribution and frequency utilization and address the external interference issues.
- (Senior) Contributes in giving ideas to help the Sr. Director for the Regulatory roadmap and company strategic plans
- (Senior)To handle the range definition Range definition
- handle the MNP post launch issues
- (Senior) Handle Direct for the customer complaints through MOC
- (Senior) Prepare statistical analysis data collection and validation for required statistics from Management ,MOC and CSB
- Apply for the new number ranges to accommodate Ooredoo sales requirement with assessment on the cost feasibility and analysis on the current utilization
- Generate a tracking and monitoring DB for the MOC payments. also, audit and review the validity of the information and payment details to match it with the relevant decrees in coordination with Finance
- Contributes in giving ideas to help the Director for the Regulatory roadmap and company strategic plans
- Conduct impact evaluation and Follow up any tariff changes including the international and roaming tariff amendments from MOC
- Contribute in providing the technical procedure specs and Follow up with MOC (Ministry Of Communication) on the current site built /site sharing process and suggest the best practice to the Municipality council and coordinate with MOC to address the all the concerns
- Follow up with MOC to provide the requirements for the network expansion needed for capacity and systems upgrades and for frequency requirement and provide alternative solution if possible to accommodate the growth in traffic
- Follow up with the Ministries with the internal related parties to deliver the needed procedures and policies for any VAS services has an impact with the general regulation
- Follow up with Finance to ensure a smooth transaction for the MOC payments with MOC and validity of the invoice information
- Regular engagement with regulatory associates internally and with the counterparts in the other, operators regulatory department in order to determine the formalities submission, approval requirements and prepare regulatory submissions as per the given timeline
- Follow up all MOC and ministries requests, decrees and formal laws.
- Assist in the establishment of applicable reports and responses to regulatory authorities. Follow up and interact with regulatory authorities for process submission.
- Follow the direction set by the Director, Regulatory Affairs in dealing with the Regulator and other relevant bodies.
- Meet quality and performance KPI (key performance indicators) with supporting documents.
- Ensure that upper management is informed on all critical issues pertaining to the area responsible for.
- Provides regular (monthly reports, make standard reports and tailor make them where necessary.
- (Senior) Establish the engagement mechanism for the process for the Joint review committee which is related to the interconnection usage reports and to coordinate and do the necessary preparation for the interconnection renewal , regular IOT(inter operator tariff) reports meetings , dispute and conflict resolution
- Provides help and assistant to the Sr. Director, Regulatory Affairs for the daily business issues To be a part of the lobbying team to acquire a separate IGW (International Gateway)
- To be a part of the steering project team for the MNP project
- To part of the cost modelling project team(including the initiation ,planning execution, control/monitoring and closure phases in addition to the regular review
Make and manage a project plan that covers at least the following topics:
- Sales plans
- Marketing plans
- Technical plans
- Product development
- Customer care plans
- Communication plans
- Estimations of competitions moves and alternative ways to deal with them
- Resource plans
- Time tables
- Plan how to manage and lead the project
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by Director or other superiors.
- Required 3-4 years of experience, professional experience with regulatory submissions for Telecommunication Business.
- Knowledge of Business legislation, Telecommunication legal environment, interconnection between telecom operators, Telecommunications code
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Good knowledge in business writing
- Excellent command of both written and verbal Arabic and English
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Computer skills (good knowledge in Outlook , Excel, Word , PM and Visio)
Bachelor degree , engineering /business or Legal or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute.
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.