Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Responsible for managing the user requirements, reporting, data preparation, information delivery , proficiency in at least one BI tool part of the BI portfolio, and specialised in at least one functional areas within Telco and BI competency.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company measurement, reporting and analytics
- Identify, analyse and codify input for the BI knowledge base and disseminate critical information to those who need to know
- Design and create custom queries, dashboards, reports & interpret data for analysis using Microstrategy, Qlik Sense ,Qlik View or other BI tools part of the portfolio.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports from the Data Warehouse.
- Gather key business issues / requirements, formulate questions, conduct data analysis, and formulate findings and recommendation
- Work cross functionally with other teams and departments for support and assistance
- Ensure the data confidentiality and security.
- Ensure SLAs with users and DWH team in IT.
- Manage specific BI related tasks and projects as delegated by the managers .Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by Team Leader (or other superiors).
- 3-4 required years of experience based on progression ladder, relevant BI experience
- Experience in the Telecom industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of current Data Warehouse technologies, concepts and products
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing, relational databases, SQL.
- Strong knowledge using BI reporting tools, techniques, practices, and methodologies.
- Good knowledge of different business areas and concepts including marketing, sales, finance, strategy, B2C, B2B, and CRM
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Specialist, Strategy & Business Analysis
|Kuwait City||8 May|