Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
The position entails undertaking project management, analysis, coordination, and is responsible for defining and updating strategies that drive growth for the company along with associated initiatives. This position will work closely with the Strategy & Business Development unit team and with other divisions in portfolio strategy, financial planning, future trends, new growth opportunities, and competitor analysis. This position provides a complete range of information and insights support to business managers, including decision support indicators based on targets, actual, assessment etc. to facilitate decision making. This position will also monitor activities to ensure that they are in line with the agreed Strategy, KPIs, and Business Plan targets and perform various business analysis activities to ensure that Ooredoo Kuwait meets its strategic objectives
- Support the development and monitoring of the company's growth strategy and operational excellence based on analysis of industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance
- Support the definition of specific, measurable strategic goals for the company.
- Support the design of business scaling & revenue growth strategy for Telecom.
- Support Strategy & Business Development Director and team members to help set the overall strategic direction of the company, and to design key initiatives including growth strategy and operational excellence
- Perform Trends analysis and new growth opportunity / competitor analysis including peers' performance
- Support with business integration & design strategy for revenue increase.
- Provide information / trend analysis on emerging global markets.
- Analyse commercial trends and performance and interpret them
- Assist in the efficient designing / implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Assist in building, verifying and monitoring Ooredoo Kuwait Business Plan
- Assist in building and updating the internal and external environment assessment as part of the strategic cycle
- Support alternative scenarios planning and modelling
- Support the Build-up of the strategic framework and market model and forecasts
- Work closely with the different teams across the organisation in the support of developing the business strategy and its sets of strategic initiatives.
- Support the Business Planning and Strategy Development and cascading business strategy into the operational plans.
- Provide reports and presentations for reviews
- Deliver analytically rigorous and data-driven insights that assist the company executives in making strategic decisions and drive business prioritisation.
- Deliver data-based insights to support actionable strategic direction, corporate prioritisation, and strategy communication (build link with Business intelligence team and finance to get the relevant feed of data and analysis)
- Create and manage reporting systems.
- Deliver periodic reports on key performance metrics for business parameters.
- Set up measures and monitoring mechanisms to regulate and control the Costs initiatives
- Conduct regular business and sensitivity analysis and report findings to Department head and leadership
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on the plan KPIs metrics on quarterly basis (and upon significant changes). Updating the plan periodically and report on results.
- Analyse market share in value and volume
- Analyse competitor activities and their performances
- Prepare presentations with inputs and relevant insights to assist the management team in decision making
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- 3 years' experience in a related role is mandatory
- Track record in business analysis
- Good knowledge of telecom industry
- Possess financial acumen with the ability to link and correlated between business strategy/initiatives, operational plans and financial performance
- Good execution skills
- Strong analytical skills and financial modelling capabilities
- Good interpersonal & communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Attention to detail
- Ambitious and result driven. Ability to cope with deadlines
- Ability to drill-down and perform root-cause analysis
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Highly developed communication and reporting skills (verbal and written) in both Arabic (preferable) & English.
- Good background about Mobile technology and industry
- Excellent research capabilities and statistical analysis knowledge
- Problem Solving & Analytical thinking skills
- Concern for Standards/Efficiency
- Being Collaborative and Cooperative
- Tenacity, Resilience and Self-Management. work under pressure
Work under pressure:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration / Management , Economics, Statistics, IT , or any relevant business field
- Excellent computer skills and proven knowledge of data analysis using popular MS products specially Excel and Power Point
- Deep insight in Forecasting: Accurate assessment of growth and profit potential
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Financial Reporting Analyst
Manager, Infrastructure Planning
|Kuwait City||17 Jun|
Commercial Finance Analyst