Job description / Role
VAC7947 - Senior Specialist UX UI
Ooredoo is an organization on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, he/she should have experience with design software and wireframe tools to work on Websites and Mobile Applications designs and user journeys.
Ultimately, he/she will create both functional and appealing features that address our customers' needs and help us grow our digital customer base.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
• Create a consistence user journey that serves all types of customers interacting with digital channels
• Govern the development release UX/UI outputs and ensure its matching the requested design story
• Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
• Identify and troubleshoot UI problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Build page navigation buttons and search fields
• Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
• Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
• Bachelor of Science in Design, Computer Science
• Required years of experience of 3-4 years based on progression ladder
• Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
• Portfolio of design projects
• Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc, InVision and SketchApp )
• Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
• Good time-management skills
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.