Job description / Role
Senior Traffic Planner
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises the traffic engineering duties on ongoing projects such as traffic operations analysis, TIS tasks, designs plans for safe control and flow of traffic. Prepares and arranges concept and detailed design of traffic facilities. Studies traffic engineering problems, Geometric Road Design, including traffic management devices.
• Plans, creates and manages traffic engineering design that is well considered, safe, functional, technically accurate and as creative as possible with respect to client’s briefs, without compromising on the laws and regulations of that given area where the construction will be undertaken.
• Develops design solutions, high quality presentation drawings, and technical packages from concept design, through design development, final design to tender and contract documentation.
• Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines, stakeholders and the client or client’s representative involved in assessing traffic matters to resolve traffic matters.
• Maintains regular contact with all assigned project clients, strives to develop best possible working relationship and client satisfaction.
• Ensures that traffic engineering designs are within budget, on schedule and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Traffic Engineering from a recognized University.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in traffic and transportation modeling on road and major highway projects.
• Must have experience with TIS, modeling, operational software and ITS.
• Must have thorough working knowledge with traffic analysis tools such as SYNCHRO, VISUM, VISSUM, VISSIM, HCS, CORSIM and other traffic engineering software.
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required.
• Commitment to safety and quality standards.
• Excellent written, presentation and oral communications skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.