Job description / Role
Senior Utilities Engineer
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
The Senior Utility Engineer provides a focal point for all utility engineering issues throughout the construction contract by managing contractor’s utility submittals reviews, visiting the site and taking a lead role in resolving utility issues and the commissioning of utilities.
The Senior Utility Engineer has an up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices, international codes/standards and possess a broad knowledge and experience of utility works in large infrastructure projects complemented by practical experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides utility engineering knowledge on utilities.
• Ensures contractor compliance with applicable engineering codes and standards and QA/QC systems, policies, and procedures.
• Reviews utility submittals including vendors, shop drawings and utility drawings, surge analysis reports and specifications for compliance with the Contract requirements and design intent.
• Contributes to preparing project QA/QC procedures.
• Consults with other discipline leaders to ensure the smooth flow of vital information necessary for scheduled completion of construction.
• Arranges support for the needs of other discipline leads for input to their efforts.
• Supports the construction management team during construction and commissioning.
• Provides advice concerning design or scope changes identified for review.
• Regularly visits the site to inspect the utility installation progress and identify non-conformances. Provides utility related insight on construction issues.
• Arranges regular meetings with the contractor to review progress on utility submittals and site issues.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University.
• Minimum 15 years of related work experience in design and construction of large road and highway projects.
• Proven ability to perform in a management capacity.
• Good knowledge of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required.
• Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
• Strong assessment and problem-solving skills.
• High attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
• Commitment to safety and quality standards.
• Excellent written, presentation and oral communications skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.