Job description / Role
The Slickline Specialist will provide installation, repairs and routine servicing of remedial service packers, completion tools and other rental equipment in the shop and in the field. Help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services. This is a demanding, hands-on job that makes use of the latest technologies to deliver solutions for our clients. Acts to manage field crews whenever necessary. They are trained and certified to maintain and run Special Services operations, among others. Acquires and develops broad knowledge and skills in a specific practice area. Applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform tasks for conventional products. Exercises limited judgment. Works on small projects or portions of larger projects. Assists on other tasks, or performs moderate design tasks. Receives close supervision, and thorough review of all work performed for application of sound professional judgment.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Perform installation services for down hole packers and service tools in the field.
• Must be proficient in calculating basic oil industry volumes, pressures and forces.
• Have a keen understanding of different facets of field operations including but not limited to completions, remedial work-overs, cementation and fracturing.
• Able to work effectively on pulling units as well as drilling rigs.
• Perform maintenance and repairs on company owned rental equipment in the field as needed.
• Accurate & thorough completion of job reports on a timely basis.
• Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available.
• Available on a 24 hours call basis to respond to customer needs.
• Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• 2-3 years related slickline/field experience.
• Must be located in Kuwait or have a valid Kuwait visa.
• High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum.
• Preferred 2 years College degree.
• General product knowledge.
• Mechanical ability necessary to perform repairs.
• Valid Driver license.
• Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel computer skills.
• Self-motivator, self-starter.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to follow instructions.
• Able to work closely with fellow employees.
About the Company
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.