Job description / Role
• Instruct students about global and national social issues.
• Help students understand the geographical, historical, cultural, and political factors that influence the development of world regions.
• Lecture on the operation of political and economic systems.
• Teaches courses in social studies, history, geography, American government, political science, or humanities to secondary pupils, utilizing core
curriculum and other appropriate learning activities approved by the Board of Education.
• Plan, coordinate and implement individual student programs
• Select appropriate curriculum content for each student.
• Determine appropriate, measurable goals and objectives for each student
• Write individual education plans (IEPs) and participate in IEP meetings
• Employ a trans-disciplinary approach to education, conferring with team members as appropriate for particular issues.
• Encourage positive attitudes for both genders for approaching mathematics
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
• Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or Social Sciences
• Minimum 2 years experience as Social Science Teacher
• Must have experience of teaching in a US/British school (in the USA or UK)
• Native English speaker
• Knowledge of US Common Core Curriculum Standards
• Ideally have a good understanding of the English/US Curriculum
• Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Capable of establishing positive and productive working relationships with teachers and students
About the Company
Education 1st was first established with an aim to provide exceptional teaching staff in schools. The company was founded by the CEO, Zen Kahn, a committed educationalist in both the UK and Middle East, working as a Senior Leader in schools, she identified the need to set up a professional and personalised educational recruitment company which aims specifically at providing ambitious teachers and leaders to the right type of school.
Education has changed over time and schools are of differing types, sizes and have their own organisational culture which identifies their core purposes, any candidate applying for a school must have the appropriate skills set, personality and attributes for that particular type of school. This idea will alleviate the transient nature of staffing, improve staff morale, help provide a better sustainable school improvement and ultimately improve the level of education of students in the schools that we work with.
Education 1st operates from a number of countries, our consultants in the UK, USA, Canada, UAE and Australia will work closely with candidates with an aim to support them during their application process. Having our team strategically placed in countries where most of our candidates will be sourced allows us to ensure we understand the calibre of our candidates, we are then able to provide specialist advice to ensure they are recommended to the school which requires such a candidate. Our passion and enthusiasm for what we do, coupled with our ability to respond and adapt swiftly to clients' makes us a cut above.