Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Assist in implementing the day-to-day running of sponsorship programmes within the Ooredoo sponsorship portfolio in conjunction with a cross-functional, integrated marketing communications PR branding team, in line with the Sponsorship strategy.
Assisting in developing projects and supporting the operational demands of the business's corporate social responsibility strategy.
- Assist in sponsorship events / programs including on ground logistics and transportation, sourcing of appropriate business promotion, booking of hotel accommodation for VIP guests, hospitality guest list and all other necessary.
- Arrangements to ensure a smooth running and operation of our events.
- Ensure brand and business message integration is clearly articulated in all aspects of sponsorship including on-site branding.
- Maintain the CSR Strategy throughout the year
- Execute the CSR strategy through different community events and sponsorships Brief and coordinate external and internal parties and departments such as social media, advertising, branding, etc. (as directed).
- ensuring timely delivery of all rights and benefits as per the sponsorship contract Research, analyze and make recommendations regarding matters related to day-to-day cost control of a sponsorship in order to ensure budgetary compliance
- Ensure brand and business message integration is clearly articulated in all aspects of sponsorship including on-site branding and activation Achieve Ooredoo vision for its CSR strategy, Drive sustainable development in Kuwait while adding value to the business.
- Analyze & study CSR related sponsorship requests and submit briefs for approvals.
- Overseeing existing practices i.e. waste management, communication campaigns and energy audits.
- Support and Help in Coordinate and implement environmental awareness-raising events for employees in Kuwait.
- Assist to Design and implement in-store fundraising campaigns supporting different humanitarian, education and environmental causes to engage customers and employees
- Support Manger with the publicity and communication plan for all campaign and sponsorships; making sure the right internal and external media exposure is secured within the right timeframe.
- Align with the rest of the team to make sure all deliverables are met.
- Required 2-3 years of experience based on progression ladder, relevant experience in sponsorships or promotions in the telecommunications sector
- Well informed on the Kuwaiti media sector
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal Arabic and English
- Creative flair and excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor degree in a business related, science or social science discipline. with appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute
Job specific technical Skills:
- Strong Creative skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English & Arabic (other languages a plus)
- Excellent writing, communication & presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior people and officials
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Eye for details
- Must be a proficient communicator and negotiator
- Must be an adaptable individual, must work exceptionally well under pressure to meet exacting deadlines and high volume
- Must also be able to project manage events and simultaneously manage a variety of issues
- Additionally a highly competent organizer with the ability to prioritize objectively is required
- Supervisory skills are also required since the jobholder needs to effectively be able to get results of the supplier's staff during an event.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.