Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Ensure Technical Architecture governance for digital channels domain (Web portals, Mobile Application, Kiosk Machines, eCommerce, and Digital Enablement platform).
The role of the Digital Solutions Architect will be centric between Ooredoo Business Stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, and Customer Care), Technology Vendors, Technical Operations, and Other teams in Technology Divisions in Ooredoo. Work will be with the alignment of Ooredoo Digital Roadmap and digital initiatives of business stakeholders, and responsibility scope will be from initiation of the idea till execution and launch of the digital Product/Project.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Lead the end to end design of the Technical Solutions related to digital roadmap, ensuring latest trends in Digital Customer Journeys.
- Drive the Technical design and End-to-End architectural flows of Ooredoo Digital Roadmap projects for both its legacy systems and its digital enablement platform.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand the business requirements and its business value, and transfer it to Technical Requirements.
- Support in new projects RFP releases, technical evaluations and reviews.
- Conduct Feasibility studies, and prepare the needed business cases, business benefit and ROI documents with every new investment.
- Ensure best practices and optimum activation and provisioning flows are implemented.
- Align with other teams and system owners in Technology and Security divisions in order to ensure smooth flow for the digital customer Journeys.
- Approve the High Level and Low Level design documents for the Project.
- Ensure proper preparation for Business User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and successful execution of it.
- Adapt to Ooredoo's Policies upon project execution and lifecycle for Security and operational policies and systems launches.
- Ensure Clear Documentation for different project Milestones (i.e.: BRS Document, Design Documents, User Manuals, etc.)
- Ensure execution of projects in a Timely manner as per the project plan.
- Ensure any project completion and closure by obtaining sign off from all The Company main stakeholders (i.e. Operations & Business teams
- Ensure smooth Handover of launched projects to Technical Operations.
- Provide precise reporting to the management, and ensure upper management is informed on all critical issues related to the responsible area, and makes recommendations for improvements
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by developing business insights, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Telecoms / Communications / Electronics Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute.
- 8 years of relevant experience.
- Solid and proven experience with previous implementations in Digital Solutions including eCommerce, Web Portals, Kiosk Machines, and Mobile Applications.
- Proven experience in Telecom Industry and Architecture.
- Understanding of MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server functionality.
- Experienced in JSON/REST/SOAP API design and integrations, and SDKs.
- Experience in Digital Enablement Platforms is a plus.
- Systems integration experience designing data flows and procedures to ingest, process and export data across multiple systems.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and project life cycle.
- Hands-on experience in analysis and implementation of software.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage.
- Strong Analytical skill.
- Fair Project Management skills.
- Strong Technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge in ITIL, eTOM and TOGAF principles and enterprise wide adoption
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Specialist Technical Support
|Kuwait City||14 Jul|
Technical Solution Architect
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Sr. Solutions Architect/Solutions Architecture
IT Project Manager