Job description / Role
To apply, make sure that you have informed your line manager by e-mail, and that you haveThe Company:
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
An individual responsible for developing, executing and managing the sourcing strategy and tactical plans for centrally led / coordinated categories. Categories managed by category managers (Technology, Shared Services and Engineering) are those identified as "strategic," "business critical" and/or have significant "leverage opportunity". Responsible for SCM process & systems improvement, and overall management of Tender Committee and its agenda.
- Develops, executes and tracks category strategy and policies.
- Works with the business to define category needs and specifications.
- Manages and directs the strategic sourcing efforts.
- Oversees the development of sourcing strategies, industry and supplier research, bidding, supplier selection and contract negotiations.
- Coordinates strategic sourcing activities with Business unit category owners for coordinated categories.
- Provides Finance with spend savings analysis across categories for forecasts and budgeting purposes.
- Develops understanding of company-wide category demand.
- Assisting Senior Director in preparing budget and plans and forecasting.
- Runs and manages the weekly Tender Committee and its agenda. Keeps track record of all approvals and follow-up actions.
- Responsible for overall SCM reporting (weekly/monthly).
- Oversees the overall Supply Chain process, continuously seeks improvements and efficiency, and its implementation in Oracle ERP and other systems.
- Very good MS Excel skills
- Solid understanding of negotiation theory, strategies and practices
- Knowledge and experience relating to telecom network technology and products
- Good understanding of logistics, supply chain management and strategic sourcing concepts and best practices
- Networking and team skills
- Communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to successfully address large, challenging supplier relationships and evaluate vendor performances
- Strong reporting skill and ability to engage with all levels of management
- Good analytic and departmental report preparation.
- Higher quality decision making
- Rationalization and consolidation of supplier base.
- Company-wide commodity contracts are established.
- More strategic effort (vs. tactical / administrative).
- Improved Business function communication.
- Cost Saving.
- Bachelors in Business Administration/ Financial & Management Accounting/ Equivalent degree.
- Experience in strategic sourcing, Vendor relationship, Supply Chain professional.
- Extensive experience structuring, writing and editing legal contracts with large complex organizations.
- Experience in management of long term vendor relationships including in providing feedback on performance metrics.
- Category management , logistics, procurement and experience in competitive bidding process and leading RFX process
- MS Office.
- Computer literacy and a good knowledge of standard office software.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.