Job description / Role
The staff technical project manager will serve as IT project manager to Power Gas North Africa, Iraq, and Levant, focusing on IT programs that drive cyber security/risks, productivity, customer engagement, and IT/Network deflation.
he role will report to Director - Region IT Transformation. The project manager will execute programs that align to each country op profit pool, risks, and customer and employee experiences. He/She would need to understand each country's operating dynamics and complex needs and evaluate right technology stacks required for P&L and functions. Technology stacks can include ERPs, analytics, Core Enterprise Systems (supply chain, O&M, etc), Cyber Security Awareness and Audit, network connectivity, etc.
- Partner with sub-region country manager, Finance, Operations, Sourcing, Engineering, etc, to identify system/data readiness of each country, define gaps, equipped with sufficient ERP to operation from Go-To-Market, Fulfillment, to Finance.
- Partner with IQ and Levant Security GM, to drive employees' awareness and metrics internally, and conduct industry sharing with customers and ministries.
- Act as an IT SME for sub-region's processes from ITO to OTR, and also lay out continuous improvement programs that help the sub-region drive CoPQ and productivity.
- Be familiar with Gas and Power Services business models and country dynamics, to lay out IT programs aligned to P&L business outcome (growth, costs, etc) in North Africa, Iraq, and Levant.
- Define programs (either leverage global platforms or region's innovated platforms), to drive CoPQ along with Quality and functions.
- BS, BA, MS and/or MBA in engineering, computer science, or information technology, with 2+ years of experience in the relevant field, and 1+ year of project management or software management,
- Proven track record of leading programs, facilitating workouts, and managing program outcome success and executions.
- Ability to work across matrixed structure, and influence stakeholders and key users, across ITO and OTR functions.
- Strong communication skills and inclusiveness with functions and IT.
- Proven as a change agent & think outside of BOX.
- Cultural awareness & sensitivity: ability to flex style to suit differing cultural norms
- Demonstrated organizational skills, high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in the organizations, including senior leadership.
- Ability to propose solutions that solve business challenges and IT roadblocks. Not Afraid of raising voices, when needed.
- Effective interpersonal & strong influencing skills
- GE DTLP graduate
- GE Power Services or Gas experience preferred
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.