Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
This role will primary focus on governing Ooredoo 's service bus by expanding, tailoring and architecting the middleware to cater for increased services adoption, existing services re-use, to be BSS/OSS architecture and security requirements.
This role will provide technical expertise around Enterprise service bus design, capacity and enhancement.
She/he will lead the development of a Service Oriented Enterprise Management Center (SOEMC) by Developing policies and processes around SOEMC, defining and executing lifecycle management compliance checkpoints and reviews, assistance with technology management of Service Oriented Infrastructure (SOI)
Finally the role revolves around the development and maintenance of SOA reference architecture and assistance in the management of a Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) services catalog. The overall effort of this specific requirement is designed to streamline the process of managing the lifecycle of services developed and offered.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Design, Develop and deploy Service Bus proxy services
- Design SOA Suite processes, and govern any process developed by SI's
- Enforce SOA governance and security.
- Work Hand in Hand with Enterprise architecture team to implement Target reference architecture (TRA)
- Work hand in hand with Application and infrastructure planners to streamline and align integration requirements across service oriented architecture.
- Work on enhancing Ooredoo 's Oracle Fusion Middleware Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Application Integration Protocols, Application Frameworks, Portal and Web 2.
- Plan, design and deploy API management solution as an enhancement to Ooredoo 's current SOA/OSB layer
- Enforce SOA principles (loose coupling, modularity, reusability, a-synchronicity, high availability, scalability).
- Design & Build web service and BPEL flows
- Design & Build and JMS queuing
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Lead & Conduct systems integration testing
- Actively support the implementation of the to-be provisioning & fulfillment architecture from the middleware side
- Build, maintain and update SOA registry catalogue
- Work effectively and immediately on re-architect existing Ooredoo 's middleware structure (domains, infra layout, etc.) and aligns it with in queue application integration requirements
- Strategic Leader, planner and implementer of SOA Maturity model in Ooredoo throughout a multi-phased, long term program
- Verify SI's scope of work and technical designs.
- Technical document creation (Projects Specifications document, engagement documents, RFP's and RFQ's, Evaluation sheets, etc.) as per The Company processes & procedures
- Produce project plans, resource plans, material cost plans and risk assessment on all technical projects.
- Manage day to day issuing of work orders to operations team for any system change
- Ensure any project completion and closure by obtaining sign off from all The Company main stakeholders (i.e. Operations & Business teams)
- Ensure that upper management is informed on all critical issues pertaining to the area responsible for and makes recommendation for improvements.
- Evaluate and plan software capacity, licenses.
- Support new projects RFP releases, technical evaluations and reviews.
- Aligning Middleware implementation with OOREDOO group enterprise architecture strategy & Roadmap.
- Assess new ICT Solutions market trends and identify the benefits to Ooredoo and impact of this new technology on current echo system.
- Prepare the needed business cases, business benefit and ROI documents with every new investment.
- Work closely with Ooredoo group to share best practice and ensure efficient synergy.
- Work with stakeholders, both management level and SME level across the organization and within ICT division to contribute in building the holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, and link this to the ICT department strategy.
- Contribute to the motivation of junior staff, providing day to day assistance where necessary.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- 3-4 Required years of experience , relevant experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of Middleware and Enterprise Service Bus solutions
- Advanced working knowledge of GSM and customer management solutions, i.e. CRM, POS, Portal, Java, WEB development experience.
- Hands on experience in Digital Channels is an advantage.
- Experience with many of these languages, services and tools: Java, PL/SQL, SQL, XML, WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, JDeveloper, SOA Suite on Linux, BPEL, Integration Adapters, Oracle Fusion Middleware, JNDI, JDBC.
- Must have a strong experience with XQuery functions and their use within OSB services development
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and project life cycle
- Hands-on experience in analysis and implementation of software
- Strong knowledge in ITIL, eTOM and TOGAF principles and enterprise wide adoption
- Telecom industry knowledge would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Telecoms / Communications / Electronics Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute
- Strong Analytical skill
- Fair Project Management skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
IT Technical Support Specialist
One Vision for Consultancy
A Leading Water & Beverages Company in Saudi Arabia
IT Support Engineer / System Administration
IT System Administrator
Manpower Middle East
IT Infrastructure Lead