Job description / Role
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for a talented Structural BIM Technician to join our offices located in Kuwait, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• The individual will be an important member of our Structural design team.
• This team member would collaborate with the design team to support and adhere in the required production of required drawings.
• The team member would be expected to follow established BIM standards and principles to prepare layouts and drawings (for example of machinery, equipment, or structures) from engineering specifications.
What do I need to apply?
• 7+ years of experience working in engineering multi-disciplinary consultancy as a Structural BIM Technician.
• It is essential that the correct individual must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of, delivering building projects in the Middle East from LOD100 through to LOD350 as part of a multidisciplinary design team.
• Interpret data, instructions, and specifications (for example previous drawings, layouts, sketches, notes, and verbal instructions) to prepare accurate modeling and drawings.
• Creation of complex parametric Revit families
• Experience working with templates, filters, design options, phases, model quantities schedules, 3D rebar and rebar schedules.
• Experience working in AEC environment with linked Architectural & MEP models and performing internal coordination.
• Experience working with coordination review tools such as Navisworks, knowledge of additional review tool such as Solibri, Tekla BIMsight is an advantage
• Experience of performing and understanding Clash Detection reports.
• Experience and clear understanding of Project Geolocation Setting out, implementation and use of shared coordinates, publishing coordinates and managing site models
• Clear understanding of BIM LOD & LOI with regards to NBS standard and BIMForum 2018
• Good knowledge of 2D AutoCAD 2018 and above
• Experience in using Autodesk Revit 2018 and above on design/construction projects
• Experience with Dynamo, Grasshoppers etc. are an advantage.
• Assist in the organisation and coordination of the structural design team as needed to successfully deliver projects.
• Autodesk Certified Professional (ACP) in Revit Structure.
• Completion of professional droughting / technical drawings program, certificate or diploma.
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.