Job description / Role
Structural engineer are primarily concerned with designing and constructing buildings and structures that are safe and capable of withstanding the elements to which they will be exposed, as well as improving the structural integrity of existing buildings. The job is very closely related to that of civil engineer.
Key tasks include:
- Preparing reports, designs and drawings
- Making calculations about loads and stresses
- Selecting appropriate construction materials
- Providing technical advice
- Obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval
- Liaising with relevant professional staff such as architects
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
- Administering contracts
- Managing projects
- Inspecting properties to check conditions/foundations
- Minimum 15 years of experience
- Must have a degree in Civil Engineering
- Key skills for structural engineers
- Commercial awareness
- Team working and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical, IT and analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Project and budget management skills
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.
|Abu Dhabi||15 Feb|
Senior Structural Engineer
Graduate Structural Engineer
Civil Inspector - Infrastructure
Structural Design Engineer
Asia Prime General Contracting Company