Job description / Role
Supply Chain Manager - Casual Dining - Kuwait
To manage all aspects of the Supply Chain Last Mile function, maintaining core and bespoke processes for cost effective procurement, excellence in delivery service to stores with a complex food business assortment.
Manage Logistics costs from the appointed distribution partners and report cost to serve dashboard reports for all markets.
Lead and executes supply networks optimization projects driven by Food division strategy.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
A Supply Chain resource has the critical role to identify and attempt to resolve any threats to key Supply Chain objectives (Cost, Service, Availability and Quality), and escalate issues early to line management so that good communication of risks to the service can be achieved.
* Work with the various teams in Food division and create communication channels so that logistics and supply network projects/requests are executed efficiently through the right Kuwait based and regional teams.
* Design and introduce improved processes for Inbound clearance and release of goods for consumption.
* Support the business to ensure Distributors and Service providers consistently deliver required products on-time and in-full within date sensitive tolerances, to stores or direct.
* In collaboration with central supply chain teams, identify and suggest enhancements on costing factors, freight types and new routes to optimize Cost of Goods imported into or within GCC markets.
* Lead products compliance and registration requests in all markets through the regional supply chain and shipping/service providers, and share tracking logs
* Ensure regional teams are informed on new or updated supply chain processes that controls the last mile to stores in markets.
* Regularly communicates and setup conference calls with main international consolidators and ensure supply expectations are met and improvement solutions are provided.
Distributor Management & Supply Solutions
* Regularly review and audit distribution partners performance and SLA against benchmarks and best practices, Kuwait and regional markets through the local teams.
* Conduct regular updates, training and mentoring sessions with local supply chain teams on the A to Z of the modus operandi applied on Distributors partners 3PL and all activities provided (Inbound, storage, outbound and deliveries)
* Lead and/or project manage changes to route to markets and roll out of new solutions with distributions partners or in-house logistics.
* Monthly review of the Logistics cost to serve dashboard reports and highlight cost related inefficiencies to central teams, brands while proposing possible solutions to offset some costs.
* Ensure Logistics costs are always optimized and kept at minimal for ageing stock, stock write off, stock on hold etc.
* Work with Group freight teams on various freight routes and costs, to explore more efficient and cost-effective routes to markets.
* Support the selection, appointment and implementation of distribution partners through effective 3PL tender management.
* Research and recommend new route to market solutions including international consolidators, LCL movements etc.
Cost to Serve, Brand costs split and costing Models (If Primary role)
* Coordinate with all appointed Distribution partners (3PL, 4PL) to submit Logistics charges/invoices in the right format/timeline, while proposing enhancements where needed
* Perform the Cost to Serve reporting and publish for senior management teams.
* Continuously enhance the Cost to Serve model and reporting, design and implement more cost insight visibility
* Manage and run the brand cost split model for costing variance and Logistics costs.
* Collaborate with Finance and Brand teams (upon need) on Key Financial Ratios KFR related to Logistics and cost of goods.
* Identify required recovery rate from vendors who are brought to central warehouse part of the One Stop Shop supply strategy.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
* Educated to graduate level with good systems knowledge. MS Office knowledge is a must
* Advanced skills of MS Excel, able to design cost benefit models and analyse a large amount of data from industry standard software
* Food and Non-food product knowledge.
* Has a good understanding of food supply chain, QA and complex food distribution channels and value chain mapping
* Experience in Food distribution and 3rd party logistics is an advantage
* 5 to 10 years supply chain management experience in a food industry and distribution networks
* Worked in a multinational with MENA experience preferred
* Solid knowledge of MENA region import regulations, compliance and GSO standards.
* Multi-brand, multi-market, multi-channel supply chain management experience
* Strong inter-personal and ability to train, conduct effective online meetings with remote teams in multiple markets.
* Ability to think logically and take decisions based on situational assessments.
* Strong negotiating skills and impeccable attention to detail
* Managing & prioritizing a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
* Problem solving skills with an intention to simplify complex supply chain challenges
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.
Supply Chain Manager
Search Heads Middle East
Supply Chain Manager
A Leading Water & Beverages Company in Saudi Arabia
Supply Chain/Purchasing Manager
Energi Recruitment Services
Demand and Planning Manager
A Leading Provider of Premium Drinking Water in the GCC
Petrochem Middle East