Job description / Role
Join a global network that understands operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region. Our goal is to improve quality, manage risk, create efficiency and drive value. Our market leading approach combines standard and efficient visibility, processes, highly effective tools and an extensive network of local tax and accounting professionals. Our clients benefit from an integrated, consistent, and flexible quality service to address direct and indirect tax compliance, statutory accounting and financial reporting, and tax accounting.
As part of a team of more than 300 tax professionals in 16 countries across 21 offices, you will have a unique opportunity to experience a true hands-on accounting, compliance and reporting activity across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region
You'll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. This is an opportunity for cross-border and cross-functional teaming. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience - in over 120 countries - with standard global compliance and tax accounting processes and web-based tools.
Your key responsibilities
- As an Accounting Compliance Reporting Manager/Senior, you'll spend your time ensuring that commitments to clients are followed up in a timely manner and to continually engage with clients;
- Providing exceptional client service ensuring clients receive prompt responses to requests and queries;
- We will look to you to manage a team of accounting professionals, provide and organize training for staff;
- Proactive in staff recruitment, mentoring, development and career path planning for the staff;
- Ensuring quality in delivering client service by directing both overall progress of client projects as well as the daily progress of fieldwork, handling all resources assigned to each engagement, and updating the Partners on engagement status;
- Leading and mentoring a team of staff members to complete specific client engagements;
- Develop proposals for services, represent the firm in all client interactions and build lasting relationships with clients by providing requested professionals services;
- Provide the necessary expertise in the execution of client projects, providing any necessary advice to clients in line with GAAP and firm directives;
- Demonstrating a good understanding and capability of implementing accounting concepts;
- Ensuring that team members develop their knowledge and potential to achieve established performance objectives;
- Change management
- Any other related duties as may be delegated by Management.
Skills and attributes for success
- You will be responsible for ensuring integrity of financial statements for Local GAAPs accounting and reporting, reviewing draft deliverables completed by team members, meeting prospective clients and preparing fee proposals, including follow-through until the job is accepted or rejected, involving actively in business development and coordinating with the partner to carry out marketing plans for the department, involving actively in business development and coordinating with the partner to carry out marketing plans for the department, formulating and reviewing existing work processes and policies.
- Identify and recommend improvements in line with current business and regulatory practices.
- You will be maintaining effective procedures of risk identification.
- Ensure appropriate risk mitigation and remediation of control gaps, supporting engagement with Internal Control &Compliance team to educate the country team on compliance matters and ensure a culture of compliance and ensuring adherence to accounting policies and schedules.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in economics, finance, tax or accounting; a CPA or similar certification.
- At least 8 to 10 year of relevant experience
- Excellent client service skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in managing people and multiple projects, as well as being deadline-driven
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards, relevant tax rules, procedures and guidelines
- Strong spreadsheet skills (MS excel essentials) and good knowledge of MS word and accounting software
- Excellent organization skills
Ideally, you also have
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Experience and knowledge of tax compliance, financial reporting and ERP systems such as SAP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance . We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region