Job description / Role
Responsible for carrying out IT technical requirements and support for assigned areas to provide technical solutions that maintain daily efficiency, monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks. installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
* Experience in Linux
* Minimum of 3-4+ years' experience in IT support field
* Handling On-site/Off-site Computer Hardware & Network problems at any point of time
* Assembling and Installing Point of Sale Systems (IBM, Micros)
* MS Windows or Networking certification is an added advantage
* RHCE certification will be an added advantage
* Experience on Micros RES 3700 is an added advantage
* Upgrading and Migrating of Operating systems and Software applications
* Configuring and installing servers (Windows 2003 to 2016)
* Very good working knowledge on Windows Desktop and Server OS (MS Windows 2003 to 2016) and Linux (Redhat / Fedora / Centos)
* Handling of Network Designing, Cabling and Installation of the IT infrastructure for proposed stores.
* Experienced on installation & troubleshooting in Window Server and Linux (L3 level)
* Knowledge in scripting
* Basic knowledge of MySql / SQL
* Must be willing to work on shifts
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.