Job description / Role
Technicians Kiosk - Phono Subsidiary of Ooredoo Kuwait
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Provide technical support to KIOSK machines and Retail shops on the assigned area.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Provide support "On Call" for the Assigned area in Kuwait
- Work aligned with SLA terms
- Perform preventive maintenance based on best practices
- Troubleshooting of PC, Touch Screen monitor, Printers, Cash acceptor, Network connectivity
- Reporting to concern teams on timely manner
- Covering extra areas if/when required as per management direction
- Proactively utilize skills in providing the requested tasks efficiently and promptly, to ensure that the staffs deliver the optimum outputs.
- Retain good condition of the machines through regular maintenance.
- Take the initiative to stay well-informed to relevant field.
- Attend constantly the training and coaching session which set by the management.
- Installing & relocating machine if/when required as per management direction
- Monitor machine & transaction status
- Windows & application installation
- Preparing Cash Collection Plan
- Pinniped & Router Configuration
- EVD L1 Support (Checking transaction/Voucher status, System Activation/Deactivation, Password Reset, Reverse transaction request, Transferring)
- Technical support providing to POS (IT Helpdesk support for non Diyar covered shops)
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors in which ease the branch operations and assist in the absence of Branch manager or the Team leader.
- Play the role of greater when its directed by direct supervisor
- Up-sell and promote company digital platforms and direct customers to process their basic services through it.
- Higher secondary school degree or Diploma degree in Technical Support or equivalent from recognized institution
- Ability to run troubleshooting for PC, Touch Screen monitor, Printers, Cash acceptor, Network connectivity.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Fluent in English written & spoken (Arabic is additional).
- Own a car with valid Kuwait driving license.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.