Job description / Role
Job Title: Technician (Mechanical)
Career Level: Hourly
Location: Sulaibiya Waste Water Treatment & Reclamation Plant, Kuwait
Business Unit: Suez Water Technologies and Solutions, Italba Services S.R.L
Reports to: Field Engineer (Mechanical)
• The Technician (Mechanical) will be reporting directly to the Field Engineer (Mechanical) or to the Maintenance Manager in the absence of Field Engineer. The position includes, but not limits to, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment of Ultrafiltration (UF)/ reverse osmosis (RO) plant. In this role. You will be also trouble shoot on mechanical problems and perform maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions.
The Technician (Mechanical) is responsible to perform the below tasks but not limited to:
• Carry out over all preventive maintenance task and schedules in UF/RO facility.
• Troubleshooting malfunctions and operating defects and make the necessary repairs.
• Under the guidance of discipline responsible, to carry out related plant modification works.
• Replace and Install specified parts and/or make required adjustments.
• Execute required preventative maintenance procedures
• Ensures the equipment runs correctly during perform emergency repairs when required.
• Maintain & organize the tools regularly.
• On-call availability and shift work with various schedules may also be required.
• Maintain a good housekeeping and adhere EHS regulations and requirements.
• Optimize and assist with the development of operational quality system procedures/guidelines/documents for Water Treatment.
• Ensures team adheres to EHS & Quality processes and procedures, Checks job sites for potential hazards and reports when things against company policies.
• Maintains appropriate housekeeping for plant facilities cooperating with other departments.
• Ability to work independently most of the time, but report to his supervisors.
• Train and coach junior Technicians continuously.
KWD 250 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Housing Allowance , Annual Ticket, Medical & life insurance, Fitness,...
Qualification & Requirements:
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Trade certificate/ITI.
• At least 3 years for Diploma or 8 years for Trade/ITI certificate holder work experience in rotary equipment for water treatment /chemical/Oil refineries/power plants/RO plants.
• Experience in the rotary equipment like pumps, compressors, blowers, chemical transfer /dosing pumps overhauls & its spares replacement including alignment works.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to work on prioritized & emergency needs of the plant maintenance.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationship with co-workers & supervisors.
• Experience in water/wastewater treatment plant activities.
• Working experience in GCC country.
About the Company
SUEZ offers the most comprehensive set of chemical and equipment solutions and services available.
By 2050, global trends predict the global population to grow by 3B and global water demand to increase by 55%. Technology innovation and expertise are crucial to helping the world overcome these challenges. SUEZ’s Water Technologies & Solutions has the expertise to solve our customers’ toughest water and process challenges wherever they occur.
We provide our customers with technology, expertise, and predictive analytics to enhance their water, wastewater, and process productivity in areas such as: Industrial wastewater, Process chemicals, Municipal solutions, Zero liquid discharge, Desalination technology and Monitoring & control.