Job description / Role
Job located in:
- Full-time contract.
Basic purpose of the role:
- TETRA Core Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the inventory, installation, configuration (software and hardware), pre-testing, witness testing, commissioning, integration and maintenance activities undertaken are accurate, planned and carried out in line with standard processes and customer SLA.
- The role of Tetra core engineer evolves from the Design, Procurement, Implementation, commissioning to maintenance activities according to industry and customer standards.
- TETRA Core Engineer is accountable for Tetra Infrastructure, Terminals, and associated TETRA peripherals, plus to E1/IP Switches, Routers, Voice Recorders, End-to-End Encryption System, and Management Systems.
- TETRA Core Engineer supports the integration of third party equipment with the TETRA network (e.g. transmission equipment, recorders).
- Perform site surveys, engineering analysis, and planning studies required to complete a successful Roll-Out
- Prepare and determine material take-off /BOQ/BOM and equipment/material selection.
- Review and interpret Technical and schematic diagrams, project specifications documents.
- Perform the commissioning, configuration, integration pre-testing and testing of TETRA Networks.
- Identify faults and carrying out corrective and planned maintenance.
- Perform the preventive maintenance and health check of TETRA Network in line with the standard requirement and processes.
- Response to emergency calls, trouble shoot the problem, recovers the services, and collects the logs.
- Perform configuration / programming / pre-setting / testing / software upgrade.
- Build and update inventory of TETRA Networks.
- Report the task completion, work progress, problems, incidents, end user feedback.
- Develop and maintain the Test-bed, train the technical team, prepare demonstration for customer.
- Review the acceptance documents and validate the test cases.
- A graduate of Electronics and Communications Engineering (BSECE).
- Computer literate (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Visio).
- Possess a valid driving license or International Driving License.
- Fluent written and spoken English skills.
- Working Experience for 10 years as Technical Support in modern wireless communications (PMR, TETRA, GSM and/or LTE).
- Knowledge in the implementation of trunk radio system (Infrastructure, Base Stations, Control Rooms, Microwave equipment, Multiplexers, and Digital cross-connects).
- 5 Years Field Experience in Operation and Maintenance of Tetra Core Network.
About the Company
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017 it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 129,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Mobile and Telecom Security Researcher
|Abu Dhabi||20 Oct|
Senior Engineer Infrastructure Planning
|Kuwait City||28 Sep|
Electrical Engineer - Data Center Experience
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Electrical Engineer (Arabic Speaking)
|Abu Dhabi||16 Oct|
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE