Job description / Role
• Design and develop engaging learning content to support our Divisional Goals that focus on people growth and driving sales through creating memorable guest experiences.
• You will be responsible for understanding the Division's needs, designing content that meets these needs and delivering solutions for implementation across our food brands.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
• Consult with Brand Director / Manager and Brand Training Managers to understand brand needs and development solutions required to grow and develop our teams.
• In consultation with Brand Director / Manager, identify brand priorities and challenges, so that product and brand training needs can be identified and validated.
• Listening to understand and assimilate what is needed.
• Complete content design scoping when developing content to meet training needs.
• Ensure alignment and agreement when proposing development solutions with Brand Director / Manager to enable development of content.
• Design and develop learning content, through a blended approach, that grows our teams and develops the business, whilst delivering against Divisional Goals.
• Develop content from agreed design scoping with a consistent approach.
• Tailor content from Alshaya to be delivered across all brands.
• Create content with specified Learning Objectives
• Develop content as part of the Divisional Goals, that is blended in approach and compliments the operational needs of the Division
• Develop effective and engaging e-learning content
• Apply knowledge & experience of the business to develop commercially focused activity & learning programs that develop management skills, product knowledge & build brand identity.
• Present your ideas to engage and influence stakeholders, providing clarity of their role.
• Pitch content at the appropriate level
• Provide confidence and clarity to content and solution through Train The Trainer
• Ensure the delivery Divisional Goals to support execution of brand training ensuring operational excellence and brand standards.
• Manage quality of activities & presentations to ensure high standard of training delivery.
• Decide upon use of training techniques to present information, promote participative learning and transfer knowledge / skills.
• Develop a training schedule to meet the identified needs and ensure consistency of approach across all markets.
• Partner Operation & Area Managers, to ensure development solutions are implemented and followed up, keeping people development at the forefront of what they focus on.
• Communicate the available development solutions as part of Divisional Goals in a clear & compelling way that engages and brings clarity.
• Coach and mentor the Operation & Area Manager on their role and responsibility within training so that they can deliver the key objectives within their AOR.
• Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of brand training of your learning solutions.
• Utilize Learning Management Systems to provide reports and make recommendations that ensure activity is implemented to meet learning outcomes.
• Measure and report on commercial impact of training initiatives at appropriate periods.
• Ensure delivery of all training is within the training budget and cost effective.
• Assess participants' performance and solicit feedback on training content and style of delivery and share this with Content Design Team to improve the effectiveness.
• Conduct training visit reports to monitor, guide and mentor stores on training required
• Build and maintain internal and external relationships.
• In collaboration with other Brand Training Managers share good practice and capitalise on one another's knowledge.
• Partner Ops/Area Managers to ensure execution Divisional Goals.
• Consult and engage with Brand Director/Manager to understand needs and ensure they are engaged in the activity to support the brand.
• Coordinate with Learning & Development to ensure there is a seamless link between core, brand and developmental activities in order to avoid repetition.
• Act as role model and influence within the brand to adopt a training culture.
• Brand knowledge for relevant brands.
• How to effective design and develop learning content.
• How to conduct a training needs analysis.
• Developing e-learning content using tools like Articulate, Story line and Adobe Captivate
• Minimum 4 years in Learning & Development within a large commercial organization with a comprehensive knowledge of Learning Management Systems & e-Learning
• Internal Consultancy Skills
• Facilitation Skills
• Training & Presentation Skills
• Business Partnering Skills
• Mentor and Coaching Skills
• Stakeholder Management
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.