Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
UC-35 Transport Aircraft Mechanic A&P - Ali Al Salem Kuwait
The UC-35 Transport Aircraft Mechanic (A&P) services, repairs and overhauls assigned aircraft and subsystems to ensure airworthiness. Uses technical data to troubleshoot malfunctioning systems and repairs or replaces faulty components.
- Operationally checks repaired or modified systems for proper operation.
- Performs quality maintenance on assigned aircraft in accordance with federal aviation regulations, original equipment manufacturers, or military technical orders as specified in the statement of work instructions.
- Repair and replace aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and associated equipment.
- Read and interpret manufacturers and maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Examine engines for oil leaks and listens to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks.
- Test engine operation, using troubleshooting procedures and diagnostic test equipment, to identify source of malfunction.
- Replace or repair worn or damaged components using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Remove and install engine from aircraft.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Repair or replace defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
- Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- May service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
- May specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies.
- May specialize in engine repair.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Seven (7) or more years' experience as an aircraft mechanic on the UC-35.
- Avionics experience is preferred.
- Valid FAA A&P Certificate is required.
- Completion of formal maintenance training on assigned aircraft is desired.
- Qualified by the appropriate USG armed forces aircraft mechanic maintenance course or civilian equivalent training desired.
- Prefer recent full-time experience in aviation maintenance with the assigned aircraft during the past 12 months.
- Prefer Six (6) months of flight line and overhaul & inspection experience.
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance
- Tools are required, must provide own shadowed/etched Tools and Toolbox. (Company will ship toolbox)
- Valid US Passport Required
Preferred Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to and may exceed 50 pounds.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to height of four feet and be required to lift up to 35 pounds to height of 7 feet.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sounds by ear over telephone.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three dimensional depths.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, forklift, APU, etc.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Must be able to travel to and between remote locations in austere and/or hostile environments.
- Knowledge of aircraft sub-systems, including maintenance parameter, systems operation, limitations, and technical orders.
- Ability to become qualified and perform engine runs for the aircraft type they are assigned to support.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret technical duties is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
- Proven track record demonstrating adaptability to change and the ability to respond to challenges in a changing environment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.