Job description / Role
Urology Consultant Opportunity in Salmiya, Kuwait
• Provides inpatient and outpatient consultations to patients.
• Receives referrals and consultations from other disciplines for urology.
• Examines patients and determines x-ray examinations and laboratory tests as required.
• Diagnoses and treats injuries and disorders of the genitourinary tract; utilizes clinical privileges granted to him/her for admission and treatment of patients.
• Prescribes and administers urinary antiseptics to combat infection and such conservative measures of treatment as antibiotics, drugs, and compresses.
• Surgical means of treatment:
• Provides information to patients on medical condition and surgical risk.
• Books surgery rooms and notifies support staff of surgery timings to ensure that all required staff are prepared for the surgery/ procedure
• Prescribes preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures, such as sedatives, diets, antibiotics, and preparation/ treatment of the patient's operative area.
• Directs and coordinates activities of Nurses, Assistants, Specialists, and other medical staff
• Shares the on-call schedule in the Department as required and ensures continuity of care for patients while on-call
• Refers patient to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
• Manages record keeping, patient charts and all required surgical and Hospital records as needed
• Provides leadership for organizational performance improvement activities
• Supports in professional development of all staff and provides teaching materials
• Plans for the provision of orientation, in service and continuing education programs, along with other Consultants of the Department
• Attends regularly scheduled meeting for the improvement of patient care services and delivery
• Performs all other additional assignments as requested by the Clinical Director
Compliance with Medical Ethics
• Ensures implementation of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Urology
• Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior; practices medicine ethically and stays consistent with the obligations of a physician.
• Respects the opinions of fellow Consultants and referring Physicians in the management of patient problems; provides means whereby differences in opinion can be discussed and resolved.
• Recognizes limits of personal skills and knowledge by appropriately consulting other Physicians while caring for the patient.
• Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by continuing medical education
• Bachelors’ Degree in Medicine followed by specialized training in urology and reproductive health. Membership/ Fellowship (preferably of the Royal College) and/or PhD /MD Degree in relevant speciality.
• Licensing: Valid License from Ministry of Health-Kuwait to practice as a Urology Consultant
• 12 years’ experience with minimum 7 years’ experience post Fellowship/Membership or PhD /MD in Urology
• Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and Hospital MIS
• Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.