Chief Technical Officer
Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is Rail Baltica: the largest Baltic transport infrastructure project that will create the North – East economic corridor. It will be an electrified, high speed railway line with modern infrastructure for passenger and freight services, ensuring environmentally friendly and fast transportation from Tallinn to the Lithuanian-Polish border. Rail Baltica will connect the Baltic States with Central and Western Europe. The project is largely co-financed by the European Union.
They are currently in need of a Chief Technical Officer to oversee all technical aspects of the global Rail Baltica project in cooperation with national beneficiaries, implementing bodies, and key external stakeholders. This unique and challenging position will be based at their head office in Latvia.
• Join the Executive Management Board.
• Plan, develop and manage all technical aspects of the global Rail Baltica project.
• Lead personnel and structure the Technical Division to enable full project implementation. Plan resource requirements considering project phases
• Define and implement System Engineering methodology with the aim to ensure safe integration of the railway systems for operation of the line, considering interoperability, engineering specifications, environmental issues, RAMS, security, risk management, future operability, and long-term sustainability.
• To define and ensure the necessary IT/OT environment and tools for project execution, modelling of railway operations, applying innovative solutions. Prepare information for future asset management.
• Implement and maintain ISO 9001 quality management systems (Rail Baltica global project).
• Establish a standardised approach for the railway implementation with all national Beneficiaries, Implementing Bodies, and suppliers throughout all stages of the project.
• To ensure checks and audits on the adherence to the standards set in the Design Guidelines.
• Master’s degree with specialisation in Civil Works, Railway Engineering or other relevant technical science. Project Management Professional education / certification would be considered an advantage.
• Previous experience of delivering railway infrastructure (preferable high-speed) from Design, Construction through to Operation.
• International experience in a Managerial/Leadership role on a multibillion Euro megaproject ideally including cross-border components.
• The ability to cooperate with a variety of stakeholders, forming diplomatic relationships both internally and externally.
• Develop a strong overview of the project & the deliverables while retaining ‘hands-on’ responsibility and motivating the team.
• Outstanding organisational abilities, ability to manage and motivate multicultural, multi-technical and decentralised teams, to operate effectively in a diverse community.
• EU Citizenship with rights to work in the EU.
Please apply online.
Co-financed by the Connecting Europe Facility of the European Union
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.