Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
An Accounting Associate will be responsible for maintaining financial records, running reports, and recording a wide range of transactions.
Their duties include providing administrative assistance to accountants as well as preparing statements that confirm the accuracy of database information.
• We are looking for a skilled Accounting Associate to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, contract analysis and financial tasks.
• Working with different programs and softwares to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts and ensuring that the firm's daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
• Working with the Contingent workforce (CWF) team and support in providing accounting and administrative needs.
• Should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
• Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
• Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
• Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
• Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
• Provide assistance and support to firm and CWF personnel
• Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
• Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
• Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
• Constantly update job knowledge
• Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable employee
• Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers
• Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
Requirements and Skills
• Data entry and word processing skills
• Well organized, flexible to extend and assurance of delivery on time
• Results-driven and patient
• High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
• Adherence to laws and best practices in regards to dealing with customers and data
• Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel)
• Proficiency in English
• BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or BA
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.