Job description / Role
Assurance - Financial Services - Senior Associate - Beirut
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth in our Financial Services business, the Risk Assurance team, currently has opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Candidates with a proven track record of high quality delivery on client projects. The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Financial Services Other Assurance Services team within our Risk Assurance Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of Internal Audit related projects within Financial Services. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Understand the expectations of key stakeholders and their perceptions of value;
- Responsible for providing on ground support for the planning, implementation and administration of the entity's Internal Audit Plan;
- Work on Internal Audit engagements focusing on compliance, risk and operational related audits covering keys areas of risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations;
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit's results;
- Conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the entity's design and operating effectiveness of internal controls;
- Work on client engagements related to Corporate Governance Structure and Practices;
- Work on client engagements and internal projects related to AML, CTF and review of compliance functions;
- 3+ years of experience in Internal Audit / Regulatory Compliance department of a Financial Services institution or a consultancy firm.
- Prior Big 4 or other relevant consulting experience; at least two years within a blue chip consulting firm (strong track record in FS consulting is highly desirable).
- Understanding of forthcoming international and local regulatory requirements and their potential impact on the financial services entity's in the Region.
- Background in Audit, Controls, Risk or Compliance with an in-depth understanding of testing or audit methodology, risk and control analysis.
- Regulatory audit/assurance experience with Basel (is a plus) and local regulatory areas.
- Good understanding of control components, assertions, design and operating effectiveness.
- Excellent commercial acumen, communication, report writing and presentational skills.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Business. ACAMS, CPA or CIA are desired.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes such as excel, word, PowerPoint etc. The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.