Category Development Manager (CDM)
Nestle Middle East
Job description / Role
- Location: Beirut, Lebanon
- Company: Nestle
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or any related field
- 5-7 years of solid trade marketing/sales experience with good understanding of traditional trade
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an excellent team, representing some of the most iconic Food brands in the world. In this role you will be responsible for developing & deploying category strategy to ensure continued growth in the country that reflect consumer, shopper, channel dynamics. You will help us to win every step of the way and take the Nestle Food business to the forefront of consumer minds.
A day in the life of...
- Lead the generation of shopper understanding and interpret relevant sources of information and translate them into actionable insight relevant to category, brand, channel and customer. Monitor and report shopper trends, implications and opportunities, leveraging supplier, customer and Nestlé network and tools to guide internal and external customers to future growth opportunities shopper.
- Analyze and provide recommendations/action plans for country retail audit reports (Market share, distribution, etc.) where applicable and analyze and action key customers' sell-out data regularly to win in trade.
- Recommend & executes optimized Pack Price architecture (right pack at the right price in the right channel & ensuring profit expectations of both Nestlé & customer are satisfied) through fully understanding consumer, shopper & customer needs across prioritized channels dist.
- To optimize consumer/customer budget strategy and allocation, review annual budgets and investment and accountable for tracking and maintaining category spending in the country.
- Define growth opportunities and main drivers for the category & track the execution of plans, identifying eventual gaps, proposing actions to close the gaps and achieved the target (MBPC).
- Partner with marketing, sales & finance to optimize promotion plans based on systematic promotional evaluation, challenge effectiveness, funding & mechanics, consistently applying Keep/Modify/Drop mindset, balancing trade investment with customer tactics and needs, to improve return on investment.
- Define & review the picture of success for the category in each prioritized channel and enable its implementation, and optimization. Efficiently drive availability & visibility in physical and digital stores through perfect execution of POS and updating Planograms.
- Lead the commercial planning process (ICP) to ensure timely cross-functional input and alignment to the key Category, Brand, Channel, Shopper and Customer growth opportunities and activation platforms ICP
What will make you successful
- University Degree in Marketing or Business
- 5-7 years solid Trade Marketing or sales experience in a multinational company
- Strong analytical skills
- Service Oriented, organized with robust problem solving and influencing skills
- Solid communication, and presentation skills
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.