Job description / Role
Kempinski Summerland Hotel & Resort
Kempinski Summerland Hotel & Resort Beirut is the only 5-star luxury beach resort in Lebanon with its own private beach. Facilities include 153 of the newest and largest rooms and suites with gorgeous views, a labyrinth of pools with a sit in pool bar, water sports facilities, exquisite gardens, a cigar and single malt whiskey lounge, the largest outdoor glamorous venues in Beirut to host the city's most prestigious events and the only hotel resort with day use beach bungalows with Jacuzzi and direct pool access & personal butler service in Beirut.
Demi Chef De Partie
The Demi Chef De Partie supports the Chef de Partie by preparing, presenting, storing and serving a selection of dishes.
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service. Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant's menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- Work with Superior and People Services Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include:
- Conducting on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintaining a record of progress for each staff member.
- Providing input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guideline.
- Ensuring new staff attends Corporate Orientation within first month of hire.
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Preparing induction programs for new employees and allocating sufficient time for their implementation.
- Communication with guests and internal customers is politely and they display courtesy.
- Any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information is communicated to their superior.
- Effective employee working relationships are established and maintained.
- Familiarity with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures is maintained and operation of equipment is handled safely and sensibly. HACCP is implemented and practiced.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage.
We are dedicated to please and educated to entertain. We never compromise on the European elegance of service and this, blended with our cultural empathy, allows us to deliver incredible experiences in truly original destinations. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.