Job description / Role
Merchandiser's play a key role in ensuring our success as the world's #1 food and beverage company. You are the vital link between sales and our retailers, ensuring our products are showcased in the best way, that stock is always where it needs to be, and always driving new ways to ensure we are growing market share and profits.
Based in our Lebanon headquarters, the office is made up of about 170 staff; 50 of these who are talented merchandisers, just like you. Whether you've recently graduated, or are coming from another FMCG company, you'll be working alongside some of the best in the industry, in a team of truly diverse professionals. Whether handling large supermarkets in the city, or spending more time in the field, you'll find a fast paced and dynamic career, and the ability to truly make your mark.
A day in the life of
- You get into the office around 7.30 so we can submit our reports from the previous day around performance and discuss any issues or opportunities you are having with your clients
- You drive conversations with your colleagues in sales to understand how we're performing against target, and discuss how to optimize performance
- In a big company like Nestle, there are often new product launches. These get briefed to the team, so you can understand the new branding, price points and plans for point of sales material
- Once you've had the update in the office, now it's really your time to shine. You do what you do best, by going to see your clients.
- Typical daily duties include ensuring the attractiveness and hygiene of your products
- You look at how competitors are presenting their products and look for ways to optimize your positioning
- You analyze performance against historic figures, your current targets, and market-share amongst competitors and come up with creative solutions, in line with your clients, to further the success of your performance and the performance of our brands.
What will make you successful
- You drive conversations with both your colleagues and your clients, to exceed your targets
- You are an exceptional communicator; you are able to advise, persuade and negotiate, ensuring activities and performance are driving towards your goals every day
- You are naturally curious and aware. You are always looking for new ways to solve problems-often before they happen
- You are passionate about your products, and are able to convey this to our clients and display this to our consumers.
- You must have a clean driving license and your own car.
- English and Arabic are essential.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.