Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
Our Regional team of Engineers support the operation and maintenance of Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generators as well as their Control and Accessory systems. Our Engineers are focal points for problem resolution for our customers from the time the equipment is installed until it is decommissioned.
As an Engineering Trainee, you will be engaged in upholding GE's product integrity by proactively work in team for identifying customer issues, investigating technical anomalies, providing technical assessments and solutions at both component and systems levels.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Undertake challenging engineering work activities in the specific assigned discipline under close supervision and mentorship of engineer leader.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
- Lead and program manage the analysis activities for product technical issues and resolutions.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines, while providing technical leadership in resolving customer technical challenges.
- Prepare technical presentations for GE Leaders and Customers ensuring the timely communication of significant issues or developments.
- The role combines hands on experience with training to equip participants with the tools and knowledge to embark on successful engineering career.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Fluent in English
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.