Finance Tech - Data Steward
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
• Management information covers a number of reporting requirements in the firm.
- The Data Quality & Business Systems Senior Officer is focused on supporting the Data Quality Officer in responding on all Client Data Quality issues and supporting the C&M & Business Systems Officer in responding to all systems requirement for the business.
- The Management Information Team, supports the structuring, integrity and management of all data inputs from core finance systems and the business.
- It is responsible for managing the entire budget process liaising with the business providing a "single version of the truth" to end users.
• Ensures completion of deliverables on time and with adherence to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work
• Overseeing the support provided the Clients & Markets Manager to ensure reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate Manner
• Overseeing the Data Quality Officer in responding to client data quality issues on behalf of the business, ensuring accurate and timely responses
• Delivering business support for the system requirements
• Ensuring accurate and timely responses to business needs in the creation, set up etc. needs for the systems
• Responsible for assisting other team members to achieve wider MI objectives within technical capacity.
• Liaising with HC staff for systems requirements and delivering solutions
• Ensuring the team deliver on time and high quality services to stakeholders
• Ensure that all reporting is conducted on time and accurately
• Understand the reporting cycle, processes, tools, templates and key deadlines and is ensures team works in line with them
Learning & Growth
• Experience in SAGE X3 is a Plus
• Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the MI team's knowledge management database
• Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
• Minimum of a College education with a focus in Business Information or Management or Computer Science
• Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
• 3+ years demonstrated experience in management information reporting environment
• Good reporting, visualisation skills
• Good analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to work with both technical and business personnel
• Ability to work collaboratively within a Management Information Teams to develop and implement a vision that reflects local nuances, but is aligned to Global direction of the firm
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to maintain a strong working relationship with colleagues across the function
• Excellent communications skills in English, including written communication skills
• Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload, time management skills and proactivity needed
• Good decision making skills
• Capability to work well in a team
• Good liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
• Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ethical Conduct
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.