Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people.
In this role, you will work with People Services, Legal, HCBLs, CoEs and other stakeholders across the region to execute the Policies and Compliance strategy and build/maintain a relationship between PwC and our employees.
Ensure that transparent and compliant practices are in place and relevant laws in terms of policies, compliance, exit interviews, grievances, conflicts, problem resolution, and local GPS action plans.
We are seeking an experienced and results-driven HC Policies and Compliance Sr. Associate to execute our Governance initiatives.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional framework; our global leadership development framework.
It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex ER cases and build regional policies. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this level include but are not limited to:
- Support the HC Policy and Compliance Lead in developing/maintaining regional policies which are in line with local labor law(s) and best practice
- Act as the focal point for all internal audits for HC.
- Participate and follow up on audits across the full region to ensure social compliance across PwC activities as well as local laws and regulations.
- Prepare draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Policies, and/or documentation
- Play an active role in the investigation process under the guidance of the Ethics team
- Remain continuously updated on legislations across the region and propose updates to policies and/or ways of working
- Conduct through labor law related - research in relevant countries
- Work closely and collaborate with Country HC Leads on the development/modification of policies/documents based on business-specific requirements at the time
- Respectfully challenge the status quo and stakeholder(s) to ensure continuous improvement
Requirements, Skills, Abilities
- 4+ years of experience in HC and/or Employee Relations/HC Compliance at a regional level
- Build and maintain relationships with a diverse network of stakeholders
- Deal effectively and calmly with ambiguous and unstructured challenges and situations.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely solutions to labor law queries / complexities
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic (Written and Spoken)
- Anticipate stakeholder needs take preventive measures to ensure continuous compliance
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to take feedback positively
- Regional Scope- 13 countries across GCC and Levant
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.