Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
The AP Processing Controller supports the SSC Accounts Payable Manager by ensuring the processing of all vendor invoices through to payment, ensuring compliance to PwC policy, regulations including VAT and other taxes and agreed SLAs.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the receipt of invoices from vendors/ PwC offices and ensure they logged/ booked and stored securely for processing
- Ensure all invoices are matched to POs and GRNs/ SRNs (goods received notes/ services received notes) in accordance with PwC Accounts Payable policy
- Ensure appropriate approval of all invoices prior to payment
- Ensure all invoices received are compliant with all relevant regulations including tax / VAT
- Resolve all non-compliant invoice issues with vendors and PwC offices/ Finance
- Ensure invoices are processed in time so that vendors / contractors are paid on time and accurately
- Review and authorize any requests to correct discrepancies in AP journals
- Ensure account reconciliations are routinely performed to ensure accuracy of creditors balances
- Take responsibility for meeting SLAs to the PwC business, payment terms for vendors, and OLAs to the SSC Payments team to ensure all due invoices are included in the next payment run
- Maintain good working relationships with LoS Finance Business Partners to ensure accurate and timely payment of accounts
- Create accruals in line with PwC accounting policy
- Deputize for the Accounts Payable Manager when required
- Work closely with other SSC Managers particularly those engaged in payables processes.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Arabic and French
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in a Finance function, ideally at least one of which was in a management role
- Team supervision
- Organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience of bookkeeping and financial accounting including accounts payable
- Problem solving
- Experience of working in a shared service center environment/ centralized accounting unit at management level would be an advantage but not essential
- Competence in operating a laptop PC
- MS Office and Google applications
- Experience of using accounting systems
- Capability to work well in a team
- Strong work ethic
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.