Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
The Shared Service Centre Controls and Communications Manager ensures SSC adherence to PwC policies, procedures and controls whilst reporting and resolving any issues arising therefrom.
The SSC is required to operate at optimized levels of efficiency and quality of deliverables, and therefore the Controls and Communications Manager needs to have skills in the following critical areas:
- Accounting principles and controls
- General people and team management
- Coaching, motivation and personal development
- Business processes design and engineering
- Continuous improvement and quality methodologies
- Problem solving
- Risk management
- Relationship management
- Project management
The SSC works to a set of Service Level Agreements agreed with its customers and sponsors-
The SSC Controls and Communications Manager supports the SSC leader in managing cluster relationships by proactively communicating with Lines of Service, IFS leaders, and Cluster leaders on a routine basis to ensure a consistent and acceptable level of service to the ME business as a whole.
The job holder constructs and issues reports and communications to stakeholders in the ME region to keep them informed of performance, changes, needs and requirements, issues, opportunities and risks.
- Custodian (on behalf of SSC Leader) of all SSC financial controls, policies and procedures
- Ensure controls are maintained up to date and enforced
- Confirms controls measures to central finance, and to clusters monthly.
- Internal oversight of functional/ process controls
- Controls systems accesses
- Manages SSC data integrity and security
- Manages PwC office policies including security, clean desk policy, laptops, master files)
- Monitors budgets and purchases for the SSC gaining sign-off from the SSC leader monthly
- Manages SSC- customer SLAs and contract terms
- Works closely with financial control to agree on realistic and achievable targets for ad hoc requirements
- Works closely with internal audit team (and external as required) to ensure compliance, and follows up on previous open items
- Manages all SSC risks continuously and the SSC Business Continuity Plan
Relationship and communication
- Maintain organization chart and headcount list up to date
- Support the SSC leader with managing cluster relationships, central finance, LoS
- Support the SSC leader in the proactive communication of performance, change, opportunities which affects or impacts other parties
- Proactive approach to ensure minimal challenges on business, particularly those which could impact client relationships
- Works with LoS and IFS leaders to ensure satisfaction with services and that any issues are addressed
- Support the transformation strategy to achieve the best finance operations delivering high quality and timely outputs.
- Manages the service level contracts between the Shared Service Centre and the countries/ S&.
- Provides regular updates and information to all staff about SSC initiatives, business results, opportunities, and briefs important changes direct to all.
- Maintains people managers list and manages SSC people directly as a PM
- Maintains an environment of constructive teamwork within the finance team
Analysis and reporting
- Reports and takes action on all failures to meet requirements laid down in regulations, policies, formal procedures and any events that place the integrity and reputation of the firm at potential risk.
- Routine management reporting of:
- Performance based on SLAs, OLAs and KPIs
- Statistical data (Volume, values, and exceptions)
- Financial modeling (Scenarios to optimize cost and headcount)
From the above, construct and issue a monthly performance report to Finance Management, Country/ Cluster Managers, and others as agreed showing actual performance against agreed service levels.
- Problem solving
- Monthly reporting for all functions and for all audience (achievements and issues)
- Statistics and analysis of performance, number of invoices/emails/journals per head. Streamline, work measure, composite factor.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Arabic and French
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in a Finance function of which at least 3 years should be at a management grade
- Management of a team of at least 5 people directly
- The jobholder uses appropriate styles and techniques to optimize team performance and maintain a stable and positive working environment.
- Demonstrated experience of financial accounting/management accounting and financial controls
- Change management within a medium/large organization
- Relationship management
- Process/business analysis and process design/re-engineering
- Extensive problem solving
- Experience of working in a shared service center environment/ centralized accounting unit at management level would be an advantage but not essential
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google office applications
- In depth knowledge of finance operations and processes, including accounting, reporting and financial control activities
- Influencing and negotiating skills at all levels and across boundaries
- Great organization and office management
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Very strong people management skills
- Anticipation, planning and decision making
- Customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Risk averse/risk management skills
- Ethical conduct
- Strong communication skills
- Active listener
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.