Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Accounts Payable and Receivable team is responsible for performing collections activity and payment of debt activity. You'll focus on working with senior individuals to review and produce reports related to the accounts receivable and accounts payable accounts that will assist PwC in achieving monthly collection target amounts as well as ensuring timely payment of vendor invoices.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager is a senior individual within the PwC Middle East Finance function. The AP team sits within the Finance Shared Services Centre delivering end to end AP activities for PwC across the Middle East (ME).
The role manages a team of AP resources to ensure all activities across the ME are completed on time and according to approved processes. The role ensures adherence of the function to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
We would like to hear from individuals with experience of an Accounts Payable function in a management capacity.
An organized, motivated Accounts Payable Manager to increase department accuracy and efficiency and provide strong leadership to our Accounts Payable department. The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure that the department operates smoothly, maintain accurate and complete records regarding payments to vendors and serve as a liaison between the Accounts Payable department and its stakeholders, including vendors, PWC wider firm, banks and government agencies where applicable. The successful Accounts Payable Manager should be focused on optimizing functional processes and building lasting relationship with others within and outside of the business. You should be knowledgeable, analytical, and decisive with excellent leadership and communication skills to support the Shared Services Manager, functional managers and PWC stakeholders.
Responsible for the management of the PwC ME AP function including
- Overseeing routine department activities, ensuring accuracy and completeness in a timely manner in accordance with PwC policies and procedures.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records, reconciling on a routine basis across all databases.
- Validating and authorising payment runs
- Completing monthly closing activities and working with other Team Leads to resolve any issues, making sure all deadlines are met
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial information to management, critically evaluating performance.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives in line with regional and global PWC targets.
- Developing, implementing and improving policies and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Supervising, training, motivating and evaluating AP staff members.
- Building and maintaining relationships, and working closely with the wider Finance function, business, clients, and vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required of which at least 3 years in a supervisory / management role
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CPA, ACCA or equivalent) required
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, proficiency in Arabic preferred
- 7+ years of accounting experience role, preferably focused on the Accounts Payable function
- Experience in the Professional Services industry would be an advantage
- Prior team supervisory / management experience required
Knowledge and Skills
- High level of analytical ability, able to perform financial and accounting and ad hoc reporting functions, including proficiency with computer based tools .e.g. Excel, Alteryx, Power BI
- Ability to develop and implement procedures, controls and policies for functional areas of responsibility
- Understanding of general accounting standards and practices
- Knowledge of internal controls and segregation of duties within finance and accounts
- Ability to effectively supervise a team comprised of different levels of professionals engaged in carrying out departmental functions
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed with good leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Good problem solving skills
- Capability to work well in a team and under pressure
- Strong work ethic
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.