Job description / Role
IFS - Finance - Payment Manager - Beirut
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Finance Operations team manages PwC's financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As a part of our team, you'll assist us with budgeting, reporting, business operations, domestic and international accounting operations, and finance strategy.
We currently have an opportunity for a professional and motivated Manager with existing treasury and finance experience to work within the finance function based in Lebanon, supporting the ME region. The Accounts Payable workstream is a key team within the Finance & Accounting Team in PwC ME. It sits within the Finance Shared Services Centre (SSC) delivering end to end Accounts Payable activities for all 12 regional entities. This position is tasked with maximizing the efficiency of the payment function, in full coordination with the related and surrounding departments and lines of service.
The role manages a team of resources to ensure all activities are completed on time and according to approved processes. Strong coordination with other departments is a key success factor. The role ensures adherence of the function to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
We would like to hear from individuals with experience of working in a Treasury, Banking or Accounts Payables finance functions with an extensive delivery in facilitating payment cycles in multiple currencies and territories.
- Team Leader for all payments done on behalf of the 12 countries of the region
- Ensures staff expenses, vendors and contractors are paid on time and accurately
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness and consistency of all payment activities
- Manages all the payments with appropriate oversight, including post transaction reconciliations
- Facilitates the workflows leading to healthy, compliant and well documented payments
- Review and approves prepared and appropriately documented payment runs on a daily basis
- Liaises with PwC ME Treasury following SSC leader's approval for funding confirmation
- Prepares standardised KPI, reports, summaries, and other documentation required for the function and as directed by the SSC Leader
- Innovate in the organisation of the payment department and its workflow in order to maximize efficiency and accuracy
- Manages accounts reconciliations with a high efficiency and completeness rate
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Responsible for the follow up of the Letters of Guarantees (LG) in coordination with the Treasury Manager
- Establishes and develops a control methodology leading to accurate payments
- University education with financial aspect
- CPA /ACCA certification or similar finance related qualification would be a major advantage
- Overall experience of 7+ years in broad finance experience (Treasury, Payments, Accounting, Transactional Functions), among which a minimum of 3 years in a managerial role
- Full understanding of the Payment and Accounts Payable functions and cycles
- Knowledge of internal controls and segregation of duties within finance and accounts
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- An understanding of general/international accounting standards and practices
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent digital skills
- ERP knowledge is a plus
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Good time management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to effectively work with professional resources in accounting areas
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Capability to work well in a team
- Excellent organisation skills
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team leadership
- Strong multicultural and geographical adaptability
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to develop and execute new ideas and digital concepts
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.