Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
As a part of our Internal Firm Services, you'll provide strategic oversight, manage operations, and develop policies for all aspects of the Finance team.
The VAT Manager is responsible for handling VAT activities for PwC ME Group under the supervision of the IFS ME Tax Leader and working together with the wider Firm Tax team as well as the Finance team and tax specialists across the ME region.
The main focus of the VAT Manager is to meet the ongoing VAT compliance requirements of the Group, providing ongoing advice to internal stakeholders and continuous improvement based on agreed KPIs. The VAT Manager will also support the IFS ME Tax Leader in all of the Group's VAT requirements. This includes optimising PwC's tax position, managing tax risks, and understanding the tax implications of cross border transactions and the operating model.
Specifically, this will require data collection, validation and preparation of various VAT compliance and reporting across the region. Activities and responsibilities will include responding to VAT queries posed by both IFS and LoS teams on VAT issues encountered in their day to day operations.
- Assist to implement a regional tax strategy that is cognizant of local tax requirements and which also optimises the overarching tax position of PwC.
- Works with Firm Tax and local Tax LoS Specialists to understand tax laws and regulations in various jurisdictions within the Middle East.
- Responsible for guiding transactions within the wider Finance Team to optimise the management of tax liabilities.
- Manage the responsibilities around tax compliance and reporting activities, ensuring adherence to submission and reporting deadlines.
- Provide inputs for all tax audits conducted by Firm Tax/Global Team/External Auditors/Tax Authorities.
- Adhere to finance and tax policies and procedures.
- Advise internal customers on most efficient tax structuring and implications for their operations and structures, keeping in mind local tax regulations.
- Liaise with local tax specialists with the region and globally on various tax activities, demonstrating compliance with local, regional and global RM standards, tax rulings and laws.
- Review VAT tax returns for PwC ME Group entities prepared by Tax Accountant, ensuring submission deadlines are adhered to.
- Oversee the reconciliation of tax accounts on a monthly basis.
- Deliver internal analysis/reports to IFS ME Tax Leader, flagging key risks, exposures etc., as well as tax opportunities.
- Organize and conduct special analysis as required.
- Deliver effective tax training and appropriate support for the business.
- Consolidate, analyse and challenge all tax report inputs from LoS/local teams/other finance teams as appropriate.
Learning & Growth
- Forms part of both local finance community, regional tax community as well as global tax experts' community, and maintains appropriate relationships across the tax spectrum.
- Has the capabilities to deliver assignments efficiently.
- Captures templates and standards into a repository to build the team's own knowledge management database.
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self.
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function.
- Act as a key tax resource and liaison to the IFS ME Tax Leader, the Firm Tax Team and where relevant to other areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.